Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Scam (Games)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone had this e-mail which I received today?

Subject: Sponsorship

Hi,
I am Matthew Alfred from quicksailor.com, a game developer.

While browsing, I have seen your Gaming websites. It impressed me a lot. Why not your Games published to all over the country?
A New method for promoting Games to the people is done through flash games. Buy our Sponsored Games
These guys are utilizing flash games for their Games promotion and the results are huge. As the flash games are played throughout the world,
Just your company logo or banner in our developed game we publishing all over the world. When people click on the logo or banner, it will be automatically take them to your Websites. The Games will be known to the users. As a result, Your sites easy reach to users

Dual Logo
Partnership
Our gaming Portal
www.yotreat.com
www.yobash.com
www.gamesmount.com
www.swibie.com

For more Details contact on
Matthew Alfred
[email protected]

How is it a scam.

There are dozens of companies who do this legitimately. Ok he may not be a great marketer himself with his letter. But a scam. Probably not.

The only thing about some of these companies is. They take a flash game and put it within another flash with a border. So yes you get your logo and sponsored by. But nothing to do with the real game owner.

How is it a scam.

There are dozens of companies who do this legitimately. Ok he may not be a great marketer himself with his letter. But a scam. Probably not.

The only thing about some of these companies is. They take a flash game and put it within another flash with a border. So yes you get your logo and sponsored by. But nothing to do with the real game owner.

Hence my title in the thread, Caz - Scam (Games) ? :rolleyes:

Cheers for your insight. ;)

Seems a little suspicious. For someone with an apparently English name, the English used seems strange. This would suggest that the writer isn't a native English speaker, but someone for whom English is a second language... yet they seem to be passing themselves off as a native speaker. If this is legitimate, why the deception?

Seems a little suspicious. For someone with an apparently English name, the English used seems strange. This would suggest that the writer isn't a native English speaker, but someone for whom English is a second language... yet they seem to be passing themselves off as a native speaker. If this is legitimate, why the deception?

Probably the same reason when I phone a call centre and Dave answers with an odd sounding American accent yet he's sat in Bangalore and has never been to or met an American.

As long as you are aware if something is what you are after. Just enquire more.

Caz is spot on regarding the types of games they create, where they use existing games and just add frames etc. Reputable creators of games will always go to Flash Game License, which is where anyone wanting to purchase games for their sites should also go. To purchase games for your site, they require $500 in your Flash Game License account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom