Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Christmas auction starting tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedo

Sedo Staff
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

To start off the festive season, Sedo is holding a special Christmas auction, featuring a selection (box) of yuletide-related domains. The auction will start tomorrow at 12pm GMT.

The following domains will be up for auction:

christmas.co.uk
christmasdecorations.co.uk
christmashampers.co.uk
christmaseve.co.uk
christmasgifts.co.uk
christmascrackers.co.uk
christmasbreaks.co.uk
christmasday.co.uk
newyearseve.co.uk
smokingsanta.co.uk
smokingsantas.co.uk
stuffing.co.uk
officeparties.co.uk

Here is the link to our auction page:

http://sedo.co.uk/search/searchresult.php4?auctionevent=xmas&language=e

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Shaun

[email protected]

What on earth are the smokingsanta domains doing mixed in with that excellent selection of generics? Or is there some kind of major hidden side of Christmas I'm unfamiliar with?

I was wondering the same thing

Looks odd to me too, especially as min offer for christmas.co.uk is £100,000

Hi Everyone,

Smoking Santas are wooden figures that separate in the middle where you can put an incense stick. Once lit, Santa appears to be smoking a pipe. They make great Christmas gifts and also fill the house with a lovely smell. (Hope that doesn't sound too much like a sales pitch!)

I didn't know what they were either until Georgina told me, but apparently they will be a popular gift this year. :)

Regards,

Shaun

[email protected]

santa2.jpeg

Smoking Santa's.............

whilst there are some good domains there, you've almost no hope in hell in getting something up and running and making money for this year... Why didn't these get auctioned 6 months ago?

whilst there are some good domains there, you've almost no hope in hell in getting something up and running and making money for this year... Why didn't these get auctioned 6 months ago?

Or they are being auctioned 13 months early for next year ;)

Hi Everyone,

Smoking Santas are wooden figures that separate in the middle where you can put an incense stick. Once lit, Santa appears to be smoking a pipe. They make great Christmas gifts and also fill the house with a lovely smell. (Hope that doesn't sound too much like a sales pitch!)

I didn't know what they were either until Georgina told me, but apparently they will be a popular gift this year. :)

Regards,

Shaun

[email protected]

Classy :???:

"Look kids, look at Santa puffing away!"

Classy :???:

"Look kids, look at Santa puffing away!"

Ought to sell well then in the UK as lots of 'classy' xmas decorations about , 63 feet tall inflatable santa? Certainly sir!

Hello Everybody,

To start off the festive season, Sedo is holding a special Christmas auction, featuring a selection (box) of yuletide-related domains. The auction will start tomorrow at 12pm GMT.

The following domains will be up for auction:

christmas.co.uk
christmasdecorations.co.uk
christmashampers.co.uk
christmaseve.co.uk
christmasgifts.co.uk
christmascrackers.co.uk
christmasbreaks.co.uk
christmasday.co.uk
newyearseve.co.uk
smokingsanta.co.uk
smokingsantas.co.uk
stuffing.co.uk
officeparties.co.uk

Here is the link to our auction page:

http://sedo.co.uk/search/searchresult.php4?auctionevent=xmas&language=e

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Shaun

[email protected]

Hey Shaun,

is there any traffic / revenue history available for Christmas.co.uk? Too bad the seller didn't put it on a parked page for this month to get some traffic figures, as Christmas traffic should already be rolling in.

In case there is any history available for past years, shoot me a message

Nico

blah blah blah

no need for the reminder.. we are all ready to post on wed morning when none of them reach the mad reserves again...

why cant sedo UK follow sedo USA suit and put some "proper" reserves on the "special auctions" instead of using them as another "traffic pr stunt"?

is it fair to the other "sedo uk" parked page owners to just promote the "specila names"? why not link them to a UK list, instead of having to trawl through millions of names, on what can be the slowest system and servers in history?

X25-ABLAUF-BEISPIEL.gif

Sedo - sad publicity stunt

yawn, another useless attempt by sedo to attract people into their site. They are really masters of deception. Sorry sedo , it's going to take a long time for me to forgive you for cancelling that domain I won, days after the auction ended. But you guys take the biscuit.

Nothing had realistic reserves in this yuletide auction fiasco.

I believe NOTHING got sold here today, I'm sure you'll correct me if I am wrong,

As of closing, here were the passed-in prices:

christmas.co.uk 14,501 £
christmasday.co.uk 450 £
christmasgifts.co.uk 3,600 £
christmashampers.co.uk 800 £
officeparties.co.uk 260 £
christmascrackers.co.uk 450 £
newyearseve.co.uk 650 £
smokingsantas.co.uk 45 £
smokingsanta.co.uk 45 £
christmasbreaks.co.uk 300 £
christmasdecorations.... 1,111 £
christmaseve.co.uk 200 £
stuffing.co.uk 230 £

Hello Everybody,

The concept of domain auctions is relatively new to the UK space, especially for end-user buyers. We are focusing now on the vital follow-up work and targeted lead- and bid- development with our brokers. As the Domain Focus auction demonstrated, the auction itself can often provide a great basis for substantial sales results in the follow-up stage. If you’re interested in any of the names listed below, please do get in touch with our brokers!

Regards,

Shaun

[email protected]

blah pow wow chat

yawn, another useless attempt by sedo to attract people into their site. They are really masters of deception. Sorry sedo , it's going to take a long time for me to forgive you for cancelling that domain I won, days after the auction ended. But you guys take the biscuit.

Nothing had realistic reserves in this yuletide auction fiasco.

I believe NOTHING got sold here today, I'm sure you'll correct me if I am wrong,

As of closing, here were the passed-in prices:

christmas.co.uk 14,501 £
christmasday.co.uk 450 £
christmasgifts.co.uk 3,600 £
christmashampers.co.uk 800 £
officeparties.co.uk 260 £
christmascrackers.co.uk 450 £
newyearseve.co.uk 650 £
smokingsantas.co.uk 45 £
smokingsanta.co.uk 45 £
christmasbreaks.co.uk 300 £
christmasdecorations.... 1,111 £
christmaseve.co.uk 200 £
stuffing.co.uk 230 £

spot on BD... as we mentioned... why we bother as sedo / sedo never seem to want to talk to us anymore... :mrgreen: we do not see the point and to state that "Domain Name Auctions are new to the UK2 is just the german speel rubbing off on the uk staff! network gold bbs was one of our "UK DN" auctions in 1989 so they are talking PR tosh!

if what you say is correct and your own view shaun we would take it in.. but it is not... if it is... why dont you ask the boss to let you post the "real reserves" of the "xmas auction" erhhh no you will not be allowed! as we know 6 of the owners have been contacted via other means :cool: and sedo brokers are SO FAR away on the prices that you might have well just bought another 1,000,000 hits on ebay.de again!

the only thing Domain Focus did was get peeps together (that were already meeting via ACORN!) and piss lots of people off when they did not get a cats chance to get what they wanted in DN's because of the ridiculous reserves and the fact NOBODY got their promised SAMSONITE CASE... something we managed to solve by contacting the manufacturers direct and saving them the hastle of being contacted for the "MISSING" gifts" :rolleyes:

Suprised CHristmas.co.uk only went up to 14k.
Would have thought it was worth more than this or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom