Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SEDO Down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to contact BlueYonder today sometime to request they get this ridiculous block lifted.

This has major significance to anyone who makes income from PPC parking on SEDO as Telewest/NTL have a large slice of the UK broadband market and if they have blocked access to SEDO parking pages then your income will take a hit.

Goodfella, others please do the same.

Eternally cynical sod that I am, do you think that the PPC page may have been deemed somehow "not worthy" and that this current glitch may be the first sign of an ISP industry reaction against it? Let's face it, the major ISPs have wet dreams about us all only using their "walled gardens" and steering clear of the big, bad and wild internet, that doesn't belong to them and/or their cronies.

Last edited:
Looks like Telewest have a big share of the broadband market in the UK. Over a year ago it is reported they had 900,000 customers - see link - which means that's a lot of traffic being lost.

900,000 ISP customers blacklisted | CNET News.com

Seems they also had a real spam problem at that time and were also looking to introduce comprehensive firewalls. It looks like Telewest may have put a block on Sedo parking pages. Are they also blocking other ppc provider's parking pages?

Could those silly popunders have something to do with Telewest's decision?

Last edited:
SEDO parking Working again from Telewest :)

Had no reply yet from email I sent earlier today complaining about situation, maybe enough of us complained to make them change there mind, maybe the phrases 'Legal Action' and 'Compensation' helped oil the wheels of bureaucracy.

Well done guys - Traffic should improve now - maybe up to 10% :)

A simple traceroute from a Telewest connection would have shown you who/where the problem was.

Its possible that it wasnt a telewest issue after all but maybe a peering partner.

Hi Brian,

Ours are resolving but stats show no traffic this morning - have the pages just come back on? have they been down all night?

Kind regards,

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

All I know is that traffic/earnings have been down over the past couple of days so I've been keeping an eye on it. We are a Telewest user, and none of the Sedo pages resolve on our machines, and they have been that way certainly since I started just after six this morning. This of course follows a couple of weeks of such problems, although the issue did seem to have been resolved as of the end of last week.

Unfortunately we are back in the position of not only seeing our earnings reduced, but not even being able to see or optimize our Sedo pages.

Regarding today's earnings, as of an hour or so ago (it is now lunchtime) our earnings for today were showing as nil. Now some earnings are showing, but only in the region of about 10% of what they would normally be for this time of day.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Brian

Yes - the stats are very poor this morning so I can only assume that all the Sedo pages were down earlier today for quite a while :(

Hello All,

Unfortunately the statistics were down this morning, and account access was unavailabe as our Tech team worked to list the correct value.

Statistics should now be correct and will display a value unaffected by changes in the past 24 hours.

-Bill
(Brad is on Holiday)

Why is it that whenever there is a Sedo 'down' there is never the possibility that earnings have been lost? This is a wonderful system.

There is a word for Sedo's version of events but I personally don't wish to be the person to commit it to paper!

All I will say is that our earnings for today are considerably below what I would expect them to be even on our quietest day which is a Sunday. Right now at a little after 5pm we are at least a third down on a normal day.

What I find most offensive is that Sedo makes no attempt to make us aware that there is a problem and that it is being sorted, apparently in the hope that we will not notice that there has been a problem. A little respect might be in order Sedo!!!

By the way, I note there is still no comment from Sedo - and of course no response to my emails to them - on the subject of the fact that Telewest customers cannot view our parked pages. Who else is suffering this problem?

Hello All,

Unfortunately the statistics were down this morning, and account access was unavailabe as our Tech team worked to list the correct value.

Statistics should now be correct and will display a value unaffected by changes in the past 24 hours.

-Bill
(Brad is on Holiday)

Thanks for the post Bill, but our stats look way down on a normal day so I can't help thinking that traffic was lost earlier today.

Hello All,

-Bill
(Brad is on Holiday)

Looking at our stats for yesterday Bill, they are down almost 50% on the best day last week. "Unaffected by changes in the past 24 hours"? Nonsense!

I must admit to being confused at the lack of response on this Sedo issue. Surely there must be more than three of us suffering from a reduced Sedo income, a situation exacerbated no doubt by the fact that Telewest customers (our customers!) still cannot see our parked pages. Or are we the only ones who have not already jumped ship from the obviously ailing Sedo?

I must admit to being confused at the lack of response on this Sedo issue. Surely there must be more than three of us suffering from a reduced Sedo income, a situation exacerbated no doubt by the fact that Telewest customers (our customers!) still cannot see our parked pages. Or are we the only ones who have not already jumped ship from the obviously ailing Sedo?

Brian - I think many domainers have already jumped ship. Personally I can't understand why Sedo are treating us so badly - at least in terms of trying to explain why we are all losing so much revenue - but this has been going on for months now. I would suggest you try some of the other options, at least with some of your names to see if things are better elsewhere. Namedrive and Streamic work well with .co.uk names.

Stephen.

Stephen,

Many thanks for the advice. I sincerely hope things improve for you too.

Kind Regards
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom