Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo great domains auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these rejected listings, why not put them up on Acorn? I doubt Sedo would bring more eyeballs than this community (specifically .uk extension).

I will do, cheers Foz. I was just highlighting what appears to be double standards when Domcollect get their names in and other domain names seem to be excluded. They might as well rename it DomcollectAuction.

What's the highest serious offer you've ever turned down for it.co.uk?

Sorry didn't spot this yesterday - the highest offer we've turned down to date has been mid xx,xxx plus VAT.

Low xx,xxx offers turned down from a few fellow domain investors here too.

Mark

Domcollect are a subsidiary of Sedo IIRC...

I will do, cheers Foz. I was just highlighting what appears to be double standards when Domcollect get their names in and other domain names seem to be excluded. They might as well rename it DomcollectAuction.

Hi Guys

We regret to inform you that the Great Domains application for it.co.uk was rejected in error. The domain owner has been contacted and arrangements made to rectify the matter.

Our assessment process for accepting domains into the Great Domains auction is particularly stringent in order to preserve a level of high class domains that our buyers have come to expect from the Great Domains brand.

Experienced members look at various factors to determine which domains should be accepted into the auction. It may help to consider; who would purchase a particular domain and how they would monetise it. For these reasons domains that appear of exceptional quality at first appearance, like one word generics, may not have a specific end user or monetisation method. Outside of generic ‘brandable’ names.

We actively encourage sellers to forward any very high quality names for our auctions. If your domain doesn’t get through for quality reasons please do not be put off, there are still many ways to promote your domains on Sedo.

Happy selling and good luck.

Kind Regards

Dildeep Singh
--
Sales Engineer – Registrar Channel
Technical Account Manager – Business Development
Sedo GmbH :: Im Mediapark 6 :: 50670 Köln
tel : +49 221 340 30-226

Heres another:

Unfortunately, after a detailed assessment, the following domains have not qualified (the specific reason is indicated in parentheses after each domain):
- Madrid.co.uk (Quality requirements not met)

Sedo's Great Domains Auction is for generic names, not geo stuff...how many city, places or country names have you seen listed?

I submitted about 60 domains (only .com and .net) and 45 of these were accepted.

Sedo's Great Domains Auction is for generic names, not geo stuff...how many city, places or country names have you seen listed?

I submitted about 60 domains (only .com and .net) and 45 of these were accepted.
I bet the would of accepted the .com...

@sedo any comment on the double standards on accepting dom collect domains or do they not have to go through the same application procedure?

Ive seen several geo names there in the past. If the auction is for generics as you say then why not accept Advice co.uk, Elements co.uk, Groove co.uk, Queen co.uk, LLL's co.uk and many others. I believe the auction is setup so as not to dilute Domcollects listings.
They already have over 50% in this months auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts