Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Help!

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by Ellis, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellis United Kingdom

Ellis Active Member

Over the weekend I've parked a large umber of unused domains with sedo.

Their domain managment tool show me how much revenue I'm getting per domain.

What I'm worried about is that I have been obviously checking my sites are up and showing the correct ads for the domain and it seems as though its including my own clicks and paying me revenue.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I imagining things?

Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. deconstruction United Kingdom

deconstruction Well-Known Member

so your've actualy been clicking on the links?

The best bet is to check the links using the tool in the domain management. And if you want to double check then load the site up and see what links its showing. But DONT EVER click on the links. If its showing the sorts of "ads" you want then job done.

Cheers
    Simon

4. retired member 1

retired member 1 Retired Member

yes, clicking your own links will only get your account suspended.

I'd get in contact with Sedo to let them know you weren't aware of this, better to contact them than to let them contact you with a click fraud letter :wink:

5. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

I guess if you haven't clicked say 1000 times then they won't be bothered. At the end of the day they have the responsibility to protect against anyone clicking away at their own links, but once or twice will probably go unnoticed.

Best not to do this though, as Simon says... (no pun intended)

6. Ellis United Kingdom

Ellis Active Member

Cheers Simon

I only clicked on 2 links, so no big deal, although I would have thought they'd have some sort of IP blocker to stop people doing it.

It's really the unique views. I want to make sure that the views are indeed unique and not coming from me when I load a page. Surely they must only include clicks for 1 IP once? otherwise they're not unique

Thanks

Alex

7. deconstruction United Kingdom

deconstruction Well-Known Member

Simon says :razz: : i think they will shy away from IP blockers etc. Just in case someone is not on a fixed IP (could mean loss of earnings, etc).

two clicks is not a big deal, but an email might still be a good idea (esp as i am sure someone from sedo is probably reading Domain Name forums in general)

8. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

I thinks its OK to check the pages are there, after all your one or two visits isn't really going to be counted as fraud (I hope)

Now you are in the safe knowledge that the pages are appearing, you can sit back and relax in the knowledge that any unique visitors/clicks are indeed legit.

9. Ellis United Kingdom

Ellis Active Member

Cheers everyone

I'm going to leave them well alone.

One thing I've noticed though, I'm getting loads of clicks on some really useless domains and none on the blinders.... bizarre, I guess it's a case of giving it time.

10. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Back link structure I guess. Even really old naff domains get good traffic sometimes. Choose good keywords and don't be scared to try new ones (if you get past Sedo policing) to see if income goes up.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.