Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo hiked up commissions, again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Today opened an offered I received on sedo and on breakdown says that sedo will be taking 20% of commissions for the sale. Before this commission was 15% after going from 10%. Its .co.uk domain listed on market place without the price.

This is simply waaaay over the top.

What a way to find out!

Nil commission on Franks platform, you know who the buyer is and control the sale yourself. Sedo's finished.

"Sales referred through our global SedoMLS Promotion Channel are subject to a 20% commission."

It must be SedoMLS offer then.

When first adding names to Sedo it offers you the choice to add them to SedoMLS or not, you can also add to SedoMLS by clicking the optimize button next to domains in your account, where it will say "Activate SedoMLS Premium" I'm guessing you must have done that as they don't automatically get listed with SedoMLS unless you activate it.

Nil commission on Franks platform, you know who the buyer is and control the sale yourself. Sedo's finished.

@ Foz, what's Franks platform?

Last edited:
Thanks Stephen, don't like the look of that site so I'll stick with Sedo, cheers.

Anyone know if you incur paypal fees when receiving payment for a sale via sedo? They have told me thay pay in GBP so I shouldn't incur a conversion rate charge but paypal appears to charge for a cross border transaction?

I basically want to know if paid via paypal do i get the full amount.
The fact I am paying them hundreds in commission for doing nowt leaves a bitter taste in my mouth without then being hit again.
My banks wants £50 for a wire transfer.

cheers

@ Stender, for every sale I've been paid for by Sedo via PayPal, there have never been any fees, always got the full amount after the Sedo fees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom