Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo is no longer fit to monetise domain name traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Today I notice that sedo parking pages in some cases contain two banners and no links at all. Relevancy of those banner ads is not good which will lead to poor CTR.

CTR has not been fantastic in the past year but looking at stats I have over 20% for last 12 months and for last 31 days I see only 12,5%. The difference is huge also EPC has gone down noticeably.

I believe that sedo is no longer fit to monetise domain traffic and few domains that I still park there I will be moved to other parking providers.

Have you noticed anything similar with your account?

Couldn't agree more.

Advert relevancy is terrible, even when you update the information in the keywords tab for a domain.

I'm now monetising elsewhere.

I don't really park on Sedo for revenue, although I get €20 - €30 per month from parking, I don't bother looking at how relevant ads are, but have had a few problems recently with no ads on pages at all, or parking pages being messed up.

Sedo site was screwed up yesterday and the site has completely gone down in the last 30 minutes, as well as all parked domains.

Yesterday it looked like the css was missing, which made it hard to navigate if you didn't know where buttons/links were located to click them, even though they were missing, they were still clickable if putting your cursor over them.

The bidding was also messed up, you normally can't counter higher than your last offer, but yesterday I was in negotiations with someone, so whilst I'd initially dropped my counter offer from £2,499 to £1,999, we were then chatting about stats and stuff and doing minus £1 counters, but I forgot I'd dropped the price, so countered with £2,498, and the system accepted it.

[edit]

Sedo site now working again

Last edited:
Actually this has given me a business idea. If anyone has a high traffic domain they want to better monetise, shout me.

I ‘m not a great lover of any parking type sites but quite a few I know (especially ones with .de?) say parkingcrew are one of the better ones similar to BODIS

I do use domainsponsor, they pay 100 times more than sedo, not sure how they compare with parkingcrew.

I don't think anybody should park domain names at sedo for monitisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom