Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Sale: helloprint.co.uk (5,000 EUR)

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by Acorn Newsbot, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member33

retired_member33 Retired Member

I bought a .com domain for a company a while ago, they were about to launch a new product and had all of the extensions apart from the .com and were really set on getting the domain so they ended up paying £xxxx for a crap domain, the owner initially wanted $xxxxx for the domain so we (they) sort of got a bargain :D

This company is a rather big one, one where you and me do business with in one way or another every day and they could have easily rebranded it but no..

It just shows that when the marketing people have something in mind they will pay to get what they want.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

A couple of years ago when I'd been buying and selling domains for around 6 months (with small success only) I was telling a friend all about it and she decided to have a go for herself "just for fun". She looked at a couple of drop lists and registered happykitchen(co.uk) simply because she liked the sound of it.

I was rather obsessed with exacts and CPC at that stage and was dubious about her chances of ever selling it.

She put it on Sedo and it sold for (from memory) somewhere in the region of £500-£600 literally one or two weeks later. Needless to say she was rather smug and I didn't heard the end of it for quite some time!

Anyway this thread reminded me of that dark time in my domaining career ;-)

Just looked at the Whois for that domain and it has a new reg date of January this year. Guess the buyer must have had more money than sense and let it drop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.