Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SEDO Sale Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am creating this thread to see what the AD community considers to be a reasonable or unreasonable outcome to this situation.

I have recently agreed to sell a .org.uk on SEDO; it was a speculative purchase at the FTR price that I made a couple of years back. It had been listed on SEDO since I purchased it and an offer was made recently that I accepted.

However, unbeknownst to me, the .co.uk version of the same domain had dropped and been renewed since my purchase - making this domain eligible under the proposed direct.uk scheme.

I have had the .uk version of this .org.uk valued (albeit roughly) at a low-mid £X,XXX figure.

I am entirely willing to sell this domain name and have no intention of fleeing the agreement. However SEDO does not have any time constraints in its contract and, unsurprisingly you might say, I feel that it is reasonable to complete the transaction following the outcome of direct.uk.

I will honour this sale, but it is the timeframes that I am considering and would love to hear what the community makes of the scenario.

Taking more than a week to transfer a domain after payment has been made is very unreasonable.

I am entirely willing to sell this domain name and have no intention of fleeing the agreement. However SEDO does not have any time constraints in its contract and, unsurprisingly you might say, I feel that it is reasonable to complete the transaction following the outcome of direct.uk.

Eh!! You've accepted an offer on the domain so therefore you need to complete the transaction in a timely manner. If you've no intention of fleeing the agreement what difference does it make what the outcome of direct.uk is?

The consultation doesn't end until 23 September, you've then got probably 2 months before Nominet announce what's going on with it!

Unless I'm misreading your post, making a buyer wait 4 months+ for no reason at all is clearly unreasonable!!

Grant

I might be wrong but I think this is what you're saying..

You want to wait until you can register the .uk yourself before you transfer the org.uk?

No, I don't think that is acceptable, if you have already agreed to sell you have agreed to sell.

If they have already paid you I would send the domain at first opportunity.

Eh!! You've accepted an offer on the domain so therefore you need to complete the transaction in a timely manner. If you've no intention of fleeing the agreement what difference does it make what the outcome of direct.uk is?

The consultation doesn't end until 23 September, you've then got probably 2 months before Nominet announce what's going on with it!

Unless I'm misreading your post, making a buyer wait 4 months+ for no reason at all is clearly unreasonable!!

Grant
Given the response I am fairly certain I can conclude this one.

Thanks for your feedback, both.

I might be wrong but I think this is what you're saying..

You want to wait until you can register the .uk yourself before you transfer the org.uk?

Ah, that would make a bit more sense to me :)

Definitely still unreasonable though.

Grant

Why do you think someone bought the .org.uk in the first place? It would more than likely have been a gamble in .uk going ahead under the current proposal. He isn't buying your low value .org.uk... he's buying a lottery ticket for the .uk.

Agreed, get on with it and move on to the next deal. Anything else is just messing the buyer around.

Hi all,

I am creating this thread to see what the AD community considers to be a reasonable or unreasonable outcome to this situation.

I have recently agreed to sell a .org.uk on SEDO; it was a speculative purchase at the FTR price that I made a couple of years back. It had been listed on SEDO since I purchased it and an offer was made recently that I accepted.

However, unbeknownst to me, the .co.uk version of the same domain had dropped and been renewed since my purchase - making this domain eligible under the proposed direct.uk scheme.

I have had the .uk version of this .org.uk valued (albeit roughly) at a low-mid £X,XXX figure.

I will honour this sale, but it is the timeframes that I am considering and would love to hear what the community makes of the scenario.

How would you feel if the situation was reversed and you were the buyer?

Would you wait? :rolleyes:

No you wouldn't, you'd be on here moaning about it...

Good grief Charlie Brown.

charlie-brown-1-sad.jpg

Pretty easily done I'd imagine - ask a bunch of potential end users what they'd be willing to pay for it on launch day?

Worth me coming back here to point out I've transferred the domain to the buyer. I made a mistake agreeing to sell this name and have had to honour it within a fair time period.

Learn the hard way I guess!

I made a mistake agreeing to sell this name and have had to honour it within a fair time period.

Learn the hard way I guess!

You've done the right thing for sure. These days some people have no honour or integrity and change their mind at the drop of a hat. Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom