Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SEO Suggestions to move site from Page 2 to 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a few keywords which are producing 2nd and 3rd page results and i'm struggling to improve their position. Obviously my target is high page 1 but i'd settle for any positional improvement suggestions.

I think i'm already doing the obvious techniques such as occasional blog commenting, article writing and where possible link building with same market sites.

Maybe i'm not writing enough articles, not commenting enough on blogs or creating enough backlinks quick enough?

Is there anything that anyone can suggest to give me that final push to get to my target page 1?

Thanks

Roy
Thanks

Roy

depends if you want to outsource or looking to do the backlinks yourself.
outsourcing then throw to site on a good private blog network if your site is sitting on page 2.

otherwise just make some web2 properties and post a spun article up and blast a few thousand blog comments to each web2 property

Creating too many backlinks too quickly can harm your website, especially if it's new. Best to focus on quality rather than quantity.

A few things to check:

- Internal page linking: Have you got good internal links from your articles going to key related pages?
- Page speed: Are there any improvements you can make here? Check https://developers.google.com/pagespeed/
- Page length: All your pages should ideally be 500 words or more.
- Variation of backlinks: Are you getting links that vary in terms of the root domain they're from, anchor text, nofollow/followed, sitewide vs. one-offs, on page positioning etc.?
- Sources of backlinks: Are you doing guest posts, directory submissions, forum posts, gallery submissions, social bookmarking, etc.?
- Competitor analysis: Have you looked at the backlinks of those ranking above you to see if you can replicate any?

Creating too many backlinks too quickly can harm your website, especially if it's new. Best to focus on quality rather than quantity.

A few things to check:

- Internal page linking: Have you got good internal links from your articles going to key related pages?
- Page speed: Are there any improvements you can make here? Check https://developers.google.com/pagespeed/
- Page length: All your pages should ideally be 500 words or more.
- Variation of backlinks: Are you getting links that vary in terms of the root domain they're from, anchor text, nofollow/followed, sitewide vs. one-offs, on page positioning etc.?
- Sources of backlinks: Are you doing guest posts, directory submissions, forum posts, gallery submissions, social bookmarking, etc.?
- Competitor analysis: Have you looked at the backlinks of those ranking above you to see if you can replicate any?

Great advice Blossom :D

Registering to forums that are related to your website topic are a great way of driving traffic to your site. Dont just register to forums and spam though! Actually add some valuable useful information.

Thanks Blossom, i checked out the Google site speed tool and it looks like i have a couple of improvements to make here so i'll do those ASAP. It would make sense that they use the checklist in the Google Developer section in their formula for ranking.

Oh, I should also have included:

- Number of ads above the fold (minimise them)
- Affiliate links (again, minimal links and remove any non-essential).

Oh, I should also have included:

- Number of ads above the fold (minimise them)
- Affiliate links (again, minimal links and remove any non-essential).

Hi Jenni,

Sorry - what do you mean Number of ads above the fold?

Thanks

Roy

Hi Jenni,

Sorry - what do you mean Number of ads above the fold?

Thanks

Roy

When a person first views your website (without scrolling down) try not to have it covered in ads and no (or very little) content.

That's it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom