Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Server Location ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just building some smart software for drop catching but was wondering where the best and fastest place is to have a dedicated server ? Oxford near Nominet ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

Wes

Meh, less jumps from nominet the better :D

O.K so their servers are based in oxford and i cannot find any server companies based around there so i dunno where the likes of catcher and dachosting have their servers or any of the big guns but it cant be anywhere near nominet itself?

There's always the possibility that the location of the server is a total red herring, discussed at length here, to distract from what actually makes a difference.

It's also possible that how your server is hosted is more important than where.

BTW don't even think of using anything less than a quad core, overclocked to 4GHz, running a stripped down OS entirely from at least 16GB of RAM.

do a search on goog there's a few threads on a couple of other forums with people wanting similar, you can then see the providers shout about their brilliantlowlatencylessthanamillimicrosecond from nom ;)

Hi Guys,

Just building some smart software for drop catching but was wondering where the best and fastest place is to have a dedicated server ? Oxford near Nominet ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

Wes

Mines in Cab A4 row 22 :D

Space on new server near oxford

Wes PM me, i have some spare space on a brand new 4 cpu server nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom