Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

ShoppingTogether.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ShoppingTogether.co.uk

I know it has no keyword value, but I thought this might be worth reg’ing as a brandable? Or for dev’ing olong a groupon style theme?

I’m curious as to how quick flip & end user sales differ, so can
Can anyone guesstimate how much (if anything) this name might sell for
a/ quick flip on auction
b/ End user (undeveloped)

Development ideas welcome too of course.

Thanks for any advice
Dave. Popupbloke.

a) QuickFlip - Doubt it would be sold for even £50 if auctioned on domainlore.
b) End User - I think it would be virtually impossible to try to sell this to anyone, who could you approach? The only way would be holding on to it hoping that someone will contact you.

It's not a good word pairing. There is far more out there suitable for a pairing (probably more or less all registered admittedly) that would attract a user more to anything you were trying to say with "shoppingtogether"

Thanks guys, you have been heard and your honesty is really appreciated. Every mistake is a lesson learned:D At least it was a cheap .co.uk & not a more expensive domain.

Having said that. before I skulk off, to lick my wounds; Can't anyone throw me a bone? Shed a ray of light? Show me a silver lining?;)

Grasping at straws.
Dave. Popupbloke.

One tip - If your going to try to be 'creative today' - Go with .com and nothing else. I don't care what other extension is available - it's not on anyones list.

Clever word matching has a chance in .com which in all honesty was never really there in .co.uk from day one

If you really wanted to develop it, you could build some kind of social shopping platform where one user could "track" another user or users, with their permission, so that e.g. they could guide a group of like-minded folks around some of their favourite shopping sites.

It would be a lot of effort, but you could (conceivably) imagine friends from across town or across the world going shopping "together" with a lock-step view of the retailers in question (one person navigates the site and the other person's view changes accordingly) and the ability to chat and make notes. Kind of a virtual version of meeting a friend down at the local shopping centre.

But of course that's a LOT of work for an uncertain reward!

Yay! I got thrown a couple of tentative lifelines!!:D

Bailey. I think see what you mean.
.com is a much larger market, it's 'the' global .tld for most nationalities, and truly saturated for free to reg. So creative word combos (not saying ShoppingTogether is that creative though) have a chance in that market at least.

Edwin. That's a neat idea. Like you said, a lot of work but an idea to ponder never-the-less. Thankyou sincerely.

dave. popupbloke

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts