Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SnapNames assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If anyone has experience with SnapNames then an answer would be very much appreciated.

Ok, I'm using them for the first time.
I searched for a domain, which I think is deleting tomorrow, and registered a bid of $60.

What I want to know is whether I've done everything I'm meant to do to get the name. I'm expecting an auction, but my "active auctions" box is empty, and the start date for the Private Auction was in October. How come this date is so long ago? Have I missed the auction or am I the only bidder?

In my Pending Orders box it writes the name and a bid of $60. Is this everything I need?

I don't want to mess this up!

renewed?

I assume the name didn't get released because it was renewed...have you checked the registration/renewal date

Lee

In my Pending Orders box it writes the name and a bid of $60. Is this everything I need?

i dont understand why when i add a domain to my list, it starts at $60,
but when you download or look at other auctions they start ALOT lower
than that...

any one know why?

i dont understand why when i add a domain to my list, it starts at $60,
but when you download or look at other auctions they start ALOT lower
than that...

any one know why?

Are you doing .co.uk?

Are you doing .co.uk?

they are .com (sorry to hijack the thread!)
i presumed all snapnames domains started at $60 -- but i checked other
auctions and some are as low as $9

I think what happens is that if there are no bidders at $60 before the deletion date, then there's no private auction (i.e. one that only people who made a bid before the deletion date can join) but instead there's a public auction and this has opening bids of $9 or $48 or $28. So if you don't want to pay as much as $60 for a name you can wait until after the deletion date and hope that no one has bid $60 before that date.

hope that's clear:)

If anyone has experience with SnapNames then an answer would be very much appreciated.

Ok, I'm using them for the first time.
I searched for a domain, which I think is deleting tomorrow, and registered a bid of $60.

What I want to know is whether I've done everything I'm meant to do to get the name. I'm expecting an auction, but my "active auctions" box is empty, and the start date for the Private Auction was in October. How come this date is so long ago? Have I missed the auction or am I the only bidder?

I don't want to mess this up!

This is important, make sure to put in an order at all the drop catchers too. if you dont win, you dont pay, so better to spread it around since you never know which company will get the domain and put it up for auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom