Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Social.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'd like to get some appraisals from the members of this forum on the name
Social.com

This is the 6 letter dictionary word.

Some history on the name:

I registered the name in 1995. In that year, I was using the name for a web site I called the Social Cafe. The Social Cafe was Cool Site of the Day on Jun 22, 1995 :)

In October of 2006 the name was out of my possession for a couple weeks until my Registrar at the time, Namesecure, was able to recover it. It is now at Moniker and I intend to put it up for auction in early 2007.

Your kind opinoins are appreciated!

Details and contact info are available at the web site

- BlueSkies

Last edited:
Awesome domain btw!
I remember the 'scandal' on dnforum. someone was trying to sell it illegally i believe. glad you got it back.
moniker is about the safest place for any domain imo
what exactly happened if you don't mind asking?
Pred

I have to agree with Pred..

Lets hope the same scenario doesn't happen again

Awesome domain btw!
I remember the 'scandal' on dnforum. someone was trying to sell it illegally i believe. glad you got it back.
moniker is about the safest place for any domain imo
what exactly happened if you don't mind asking?
Pred

The person in possession of the name for those 2 weeks was getting appraisals on the name at dnforum, not actually trying to sell it. The name was transferred without my authorization from Namesecure to GoDaddy. At the moment, I am unable to share more information about what happened - sorry. The good news is that it was recovered fairly quickly and is now at a Registrar with an excellent reputation for security.

- BlueSkies

I would say easily $50,000 - $150,000 given the explosion in social networking site's. What better name could you get?

The person in possession of the name for those 2 weeks was getting appraisals on the name at dnforum, not actually trying to sell it. The name was transferred without my authorization from Namesecure to GoDaddy. At the moment, I am unable to share more information about what happened - sorry. The good news is that it was recovered fairly quickly and is now at a Registrar with an excellent reputation for security.

- BlueSkies

Glad to hear you got it back safely, it must have been stressful!
I would have to say minimum $50k too
You simply wouldn't sell for less.
I think if it went to sedo auction tomorrow it would get around the $60k mark ish.
I think you could get 6 figures if you wait.
Good Luck
Pred

... and let's not forget Microsoft's Zune's motto...

"Welcome to the Social"

(I think - I hope MS have been contacted.... Good Luck :) )

$50,000 isn't a lot, that's only £25k

£150k minimum but it's finding the buyer with the network behind it.

$50,000 isn't a lot, that's only £25k

£150k minimum but it's finding the buyer with the network behind it.

Finding the right buyer is the hard part. I've been using LinkedIn to reach some prospective buyers with some success.

- BlueSkies

The domain name Social.com will go on sale at Sedo starting March 21, 2007.

More details, including a link to the listing will be available at http://www.social.com on that date.

- BlueSkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts