Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Spam redirects / popups from Acorn on Mobile

DJ

Reaction score
Trying to check new posts on my phone tonight only to be constantly redirected to the play store to download apps or it.com, without clicking on any ads or links.

This is spam and a new low for the forum.

@Admin @Helmuts is this really how you want the forum to be?

Last edited:
... hmmm.. everything seems to be fine on mobile.

:) Probably Felix was running experiments tonight - our numbers show that the users go to sleep (stop posting) around 1/2am. .. the safest time to run short experiments.

---

As you might remember, we had few adsense blocks running - not perfect (as don't show up on new threads), though still > every little helps. Few days ago our adsense account (an old one) was suspended and it seems the reason is > ad auto-clickers :( ... if this is the case, then we have a 'friend' who is investing his time and energy to undermine Acorn or Acorn and DNF together.. I really don't care about this > there will be always strange people both online and offline.

now the task was given to Felix to look into ad networks while we start having industry targeted ads clients (process takes time). There will be no affiliate banners - my personal stand, just ad networks. If you have ideas - your experience and help is most appreciated. Thank you.

have a great day all! H

@DJ No, this is not what we want the forum to be.

@aZooZa Thank you very much for pointing out this. I was experimenting with the AdsTerra platform.

If it's of any help, it kept redirecting me mercilessly to a large online store in Thailand, which I had visited many times within 24 hours of this problem, using Chrome on my MacBook. Going to check back on mobile tomorrow and will let you know :)

Thanks @Admin and @Helmuts, perhaps it is worth posting updates of changes and asking for feedback with issues or bugs when you make changes?

I was using an android phone and kept being redirected to the play-store some cleaner app suggesting my phone was infected. Ended up in a loop and had too force close in the end. Then redirected to a couple of other apps and then finally to it.com. All within the space of a couple of minutes.

It was like I was visiting a dodgy streaming site without using a popup blocker.

On a different note, I completely understand why you are wanting to generate revenue through ads and most of us would be the same. I would suggest that maybe you should concentrate some of this effort to growing the forum and encouraging engaging content. This would help bring users back, which would increase readership and improve advertising revenue.

Last edited:
I think you need to invest into ineedtofreeupaugust2024forthesummit2024.com ;)

I can't even decide what sun cream to put on tomorrow, let alone planning something a year ahead, haha!! August is a funny month due to the kids 6 weeks holidays, arghhh!!! I will try and book around the Summit next year x

I can't even decide what sun cream to put on tomorrow, let alone planning something a year ahead, haha!! August is a funny month due to the kids 6 weeks holidays, arghhh!!! I will try and book around the Summit next year x

No worries Barry :D :D .. then you don't need this :) Summit is a b2b event for hustle-hungry entrepreneurs and c-levels who are looking to grow and dominate.

:) everything is cool :)

===

Summit is a place where alliances get forged, plans to take down kings are born, and strategies on conquering competitor lands are worked on. For the rest - there is Maldives or Benidorm (depending from ££) ;)

No worries Barry :D :D .. then you don't need this :) Summit is a b2b event for hustle-hungry entrepreneurs and c-levels who are looking to grow and dominate.

Did you say Entrepreneurs.co.uk :D

You only want me to go to the summit for eye-candy, I know your game, haha!! :p

I was hit with auto links to spam websites when checking 2/3 times on my mobile also. No issues today.

Reactions: BG
Did you say Entrepreneurs.co.uk :D

You only want me to go to the summit for eye-candy, I know your game, haha!! :p

omg Barry :( .. where do you get names like these??

200w.webp

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom