Domain Manage

Tech and Media Related Domain Names

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by teka, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teka

teka Member

I bought some of these domains a while back but there are some new domain that I bought 2 days ago.

I was interested in what I could get for these domains?

tekkitretail.com
    storagehunter.co.uk
    tek-reviews.com
    hardwarehunter.co.uk
    tekurl.co.uk
    componentshunter.com
    techyleaks.com
    serverhunter.co.uk
    bigsharkmedia.com

I really don't want to sell this one but still it would be good to know what I could get for it tekhunter.co.uk .

Thanks for The Help

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Sorry, I can't see value in any of those domains, why do you think tekhunter.co.uk is worth something? As it doesn't mean anything, same could be said of the others as well.

Anyone could register something like hostinghunter.co.uk, tek-review.com, tekkyleaks.com or bigwhalemedia.com which are available to reg, or any number of other random words thrown together which makes yours worthless unless developed properly.

If you were to brand any of them, and make sites which generated good revenue, then there would be value in the sites, but without that, as domains only, they're not worth anything.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  4. teka

teka Member

I have an idea for tekhunter.co.uk and that's why I don't want to sell it

5. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

The idea maybe great...? The names are not don't see any value in any of them...

6. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

You won't find a buyer for these type of domains, Don't get me wrong we all have had our creative moments with a credit card to hand, including me.

you obviously like your 'teka' user name and have carried it through to your registrations. But it's not the way to be successful in 'creative domains' Having had a fair amount of success with creative .coms myself - I did at one time promise to put together a piece on the 'whats and whys of' of suitable marketing mindset to registrations - but soon realised there's far too much to it, If you don't have the background in Marketing.

So I suppose the end-lesson is work in the areas that your familiar with if you want to sell domains. If on the other hand you just want to use it for a 'personal project' - I wouldn't put it up for appraisal

7. cc976a

cc976a Well-Known Member

I always wondered what happened to that ;)

8. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Yes, me over promising and under delivering. I guess it was a lesson learnt.

I did start to put some notes together but, it started to get beyond a couple of A4 sheets and I hadn't really even scratched the surface. I tried to make it into a bullet point synopsis but again I found if you don't 'justify' your statements you end up creating more questions (for those trying to learn) than you actually answer.

without wanting to come across as a know-all, I found it was the same when I've tried to help a couple of members here via private messages. You end up making a 'rod for your own back' as my Granny so often told me. purely because people quite rightly want to dig deeper.

I know creative domains have proven a Godsend for me, and of course it's not one of those areas where the supply has suddenly dried-up.

Slightly on the funny side - I have to say if you grew-up as a youngster being a 'creative liar' your probably cut-out for a career in marketing ;) But, It still takes years of study and a Sales & marketing career to hone your skills. I guess it's the same as any profession you actually don't consciously think about the 95% of your decision making, it becomes there all the time

PS Sorry for taking your thread slightly off course Teka

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.