Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Tha Masons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Clearly there are some people on here, myself included, that either see domaining as a hobby or as a supplement to another income.

I thought it may be beneficial if we disclosed our normal day to day interests/employment in case business/information wise we could possibly assist each other, rather like the Masons but without the handshakes?

What do you think? Anyone want to go first?

Domaining is a hobby / part time business for me.

I work full time as an estate agent.

So, what do you do then Lee?

Domaining is a hobby / part time business for me.

I work full time as an estate agent.

So, what do you do then Lee?

I'm a 24/7 network engineer for a large US Telco. Managing IP, PIP and Data connections across the globe.

Domaining has taken over my life fulltime :cry: and my part time job is Electrician/Air-conditioning engineer :D

Last edited:
F/T PHP Web developer in Insurance sector.

Starting out really in this sector :)

Run own IT Security and Compliance company, clients are mainly for Financial orgs esp Irish ones at the mo :confused:

domaining is one of many hobbies

Interesting thread! :)

Senior Manager in the Care sector, qualified Nurse and Social Worker too. :)

I do many things. I mainly run an IT support business supporting SME either fully or in addition to their in house staff.
I run a web hosting business focusing on custom systems for people. We are very proficient in Plesk for normal hosting and Nginx for high performance systems.
Domaining is a nice bolt on and additional revenue stream.

Outside of the techie side I run a music venue, outside bar business and a few other bits.

I run about 30 self-developed websites, so domaining's not the only string in my bow...

Interesting question, but a bit of a sad background for me. Distribution management and busines service sales was/is my profession

Lost my beautiful young wife Sue (just 43) very suddenly a couple of years ago . She always belived in my domain investments and ran all our spread-sheets /renewals etc. I feel very undeserving and indeed even unknowing When Sues employer started paying a very significant pension to me (I still haven't claimed the life insurance - Natwest are going bonkers)

Anyway started to return a few enquiries about my domains to keep myself occupied and haven't moved away from my desk since.

in constant contact with the Coroner who felt it best to let time heal some wounds before we hold the inquest in the new year - I am very grateful to the domain community and whole business because i'm not sure i would've held together without it.

Don't want to leave this one on a sad note because I feel very very very fortunate to have had this business/hobby to occupy me and I now consider myself a pretty good domain negotiator given all the practice

Last edited:
That is so sad. My condolences Bailey. Do you have any kids?

I work in I.T. as a systems analyst for a large financial institution, supporting their trading and clearing systems. Previously worked in the backoffice and prior did the trading and prior to that worked in telecoms.
I'm going backwards in my career......

domaining is a declining hobby for me, I was hopeful of websites becoming fulltime but I just don't have the ideas or time to devote to it. But if that 1 great idea springs to mind I might become motivated again.

Thanks for asking, I have two children from my first marriage (and now five grand children) - I actually was married at just turned 18 (i might post a a couple of wedding photographs - even the choir boys looked older than me - and in bigger shock). My first wife and I are still great friends - we agreed we were far to young

Anyway I met my second Sue while I was studying at college some years ago, I actually wish we had children but, no - It's one of those very tragic stories where the hospital doctors sent her home after failing to review some critical chest xrays (showing a very enlarged heart- Sue was struggling for breath) so for a month at home she continued to deteriorate with the hospital insisting she was not ill. (just recovering from a chest infection) then one morning after seeing her lips turn blue - I rushed her into emergency - and even then they just refered to her existing and wrongly diagnosed notes - saying they would keep her in for observation only. At 11 Pm that evening she died from a massive heart attack, the doctors have apologised for the missed diagnosis and failing to review the xrays (evidently there had been a delay/problem in the xray dept on that very day) Anyway the hospital position is that there were I believe seven doctors involved in her initial care and readmission decisions and although there is collective responsibility - it seems none of them wish to be the one at the end of any finger pointing as each has now appointed a legal representative - I am so grateful to the Coroner for Essex for his understanding - nothing can bring Sue back, but even now i can't bare to move any of her possesions or clothes - even her work bag and laptop is exactly where she left it. (and still charging)

Sorry to misdirect this exellent thread - but, my story is one of how beneficial domain trading has become to me - I can switch on and off at any time plus if anyone feels they need some help negotiating a domain sale I'm always here

Last edited:
I managed and owned 2 recruitment companies and a software company producing a software utilised by recruitment companies.

My son was very ill in Germany so i sold my businesses & left the UK 2 years ago and now work in this industry full time for DomCollect so that my son could live with me.

I work full time as a Media Marketing Manager for a home improvement company i.e. I manage the sites, do the SEO, plan and execute offline marketing and occasionally help out elsewhere e.g. recruitment.

I run Ethan Hardy Ltd as a part time company, mainly promoting taxi stuff just now whilst hosting and managing a few local business websites e.g. my hairdresser's etc.

I'm a full time affiliate having built my own network of sites. I like building affiliate sites and domaining has become a useful sideline (or do I mean time-consuming diversion lol).

Rgds

Full Time Web Developer/Designer for a Radio Control Model Distributor. Would like to devote more time to domaining but after a full days work on a PC I just can't find the drive/time to do it all evening too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom