Domain Manage

That's Sedo logic!

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by ian, Feb 16, 2016.

1. ian

ian Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

I have 10 offers in on 10 domains listed on Sedo. None of the sellers have responded within 7 days and because I'm limited to 10 offers, I thought no worries, I'll just cancel after 7 days and try some others. Nope, doesn't work so contacted Sedo who said (paraphrasing) "until you have purchased 2 domains, you cannot cancel offers or make new offers". Great logic, so now I'm stuck with 10 offers in that I can't cancel, that sellers won't respond to, so can't do anything aside from pick domains with a buy it now price which still doesn't guarantee a sale. Seriously, how do Sedo still exist! Nominet could do a better job :D

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Lovekraft United Kingdom

Lovekraft Well-Known Member Full Member

Sedo have just never evolved in all the time they have existed, they are still stuck somewhere around 1999.

4. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

1899 be closer.

5. bluerock

bluerock Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

You could try their live chat, I believe its on between 0330 and 0340am every other Tuesday.

I had issues with them when they raised their minimum commission last time. Their keywords are still from the 1980's and in 2016 the site is still not mobile ready!

6. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

It's probably a case that it works "enough" for them to survive, and there's no one willing to shake up the status quo...

7. ian

ian Well-Known Member Acorn Supporter

Are you talking about Sedo or Nominet here :D