Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

thought I was onto something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I must admit I was slightly shocked that it was free to register but anyway through 1and1 I put my name down for www.sportsnews.co.uk

Clearly this is a good name and I was a bit excited by the prospect. Couple of hours later they tell me it cannot be registered to me as it was not available!

Very peeved. Although I should say not surprised

Does this kind of thing happen regularly with the registrars?

1&1 take about 4hrs to register an available name from memory.

That said when I was starting out I hand registered lyrics.co.uk with them. But you have no chance these days :(

Domainmonster are pretty good for registrations.

Also if you looking at the name for a project I have the next best UK alternative if your interested.

sportsnews.org.uk

oh dear thats not encouraging

Who would you recommend fish?

Heart Internet (however they now are owned by same company as 123reg so who knows what will happen with them over time)

Domainmonster are also good

101Domain.com having same problems, show unavailable domains as available. Also take forever to get a domain after you pay for it. On the other hand you may register probably any ccTLD worldwide with them.

fell for that couple of times a while back, its such a deflating feeling.

I recommend Daily.co.uk, control panel is nice and clean, always found 123 Reg's to be pretty dated and crap on most browsers, bordering on unusable at times. Saying that i think Daily are also owned by the same company (webfusion) as 123 but they got it right with this one.

I'd also suggest Daily.co.uk

Instant registration as far as I'm concerned, and good customer service

STAY AWAY FROM 1&1 - otherwise like many (and I mean many) you'll seriously regret it, very quickly!

Saying that i think Daily are also owned by the same company (webfusion) as 123 but they got it right with this one.

Nope they aren't...doubt they would be bought by them either. If they did buy Daily they would dissolve it into their existing brands (personal opinion).

Namecheap.com for .co.uk is the same and maybe cheaper than 123 reg when I registered a name the other day based on currency conversion

123 regs new control panel for DNS only seems to work for me in firefox and multiple domain edits doesn't exist!

Nope they aren't...doubt they would be bought by them either. If they did buy Daily they would dissolve it into their existing brands (personal opinion).

I thought i used to see the webfusion brand at the bottom of Daily's site but having looked it isn't there so I stand corrected then.

Why? There are many better choices for the UK market...

Indeed, I'm fortunate enough to have an assigned exec account rep at Godaddy (for .coms and i'm sure many have) It certainly makes for easier/cheaper renewals and management (not to mention grace period back to 32 days)

*If you've got a couple of hundred plus domains there - Ask for it

But for .co.uk Godaddy is not even in the ball-park

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom