Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Registrar - Ability to cancel a domain I renewed this month...

Reaction score
Must have had too much coffee today... from the Nom site for registrars it says :

--------------
"Cancelling a renewal request
You can cancel a renewal request up until the generation of our invoice at midnight at the end of the 7th day in the month following renewal. This will give you a minimum of 7 days in which you can cancel a renewal request. You should do this by using the ‘unrenew’ function that is available in all our registrar systems. We will then send an email to the registrant notifying them of the cancellation. There is no limit to the total number of renewal requests that you can cancel. However, although you can submit a second renewal request for a domain name that you have previously ‘unrenewed’, a domain name can only have its renewal request cancelled once.

Where a registration and renewal request have been received in the same month they are consolidated into a registration request for the combined period of time. In this situation the unrenew facility is not available. If you wish to cancel the domain name, the delete operation should be used instead.

You cannot cancel a renewal request after we have generated our invoice at midnight at the end of the 7th day of the month following renewal. You will have to pay the invoice in full and we will not issue a credit note even if you later detag a domain name."

---------------

So basically, a domain I renewed yesterday, (or any domain I reg before end of September) provided I delete it (I can't see the 'unrenew' function anywhere) before 6th of October, I will not be charged and the domain drops immediately?

Or I am missing the point completely...

Sorry being lazy and whilst I tried the search, couldn't find the answer...

Cheers for any help.
TW

Ahh - nice one thank you.

Ok so looks like the domain I renewed yesterday, (or any domain I now reg before end of September) I can then 'unrenew' right up until 6th of October and I will not be charged - and the domain will drop.

Cheers
TW

Ahh - nice one thank you.

Ok so looks like the domain I renewed yesterday, (or any domain I now reg before end of September) I can then 'unrenew' right up until 6th of October and I will not be charged - and the domain will drop.

Cheers
TW

Just checked this and this is what it says:

Cancelling registrations

If you register a domain name and successfully send a delete instruction to our registrar systems before midnight on the 7th day of the month following registration, we will not charge you. However please note that there is a limit to your use of the delete operation.

The limit will be 5 domain names or 5% of domain names that have yet to be invoiced (whichever is higher). Once this limit is reached all delete requests will be rejected and the domain names will be invoiced.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom