Domain Manage

Thoughts on bbb.co.uk as a drop

Discussion in 'Detagged or Suspended UK Domain Names' started by namealot, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see if bbb.co.uk drops who will catch it I would imagine its going to be a pretty hot name :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Darren United Kingdom

Darren Well-Known Member

I dont think it will, others have already been in contact :p

4. namealot United Kingdom

Strange one though I know someone who was in contact with the administrators in early 2006 but had no joy :eek: wonder who had been paying to renew it since then.. and why they let it get suspended ?

5. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

See it got renewed, even though noboby owned it, :rolleyes:

6. namealot United Kingdom

Think it was the domain Fairies..? I have heard they come along and renew domains for people...?

7. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

no about fifty people tried contacting the owner and by this time he probably realised it was worth a few quid....:rolleyes:

8. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

I thought the company went into administration in 2006. Does that make the current owner details false by default, or is somene still reponsible for controlling the company assets? I'm not sure that it makes sense for it to continue to be renewed year after year if the company itself no longer exists. The act of constantly renewing it, instead of actually selling it off, almost implies that nobody actually owns it. Of course, I night be totally wrong, but and this is just my view.

9. retired_member12

retired_member12 Retired Member

The company goes into administration, then the administrator has a duty to dispose of the assets correctly, including maintaining all those little bits of IP which may be transferred or sold off to a third party. Besides which, he/she will need to manage the company email too.

10. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I'd have thought 3 years + would've been enough time to figure out what to do with this domain name, but I'm no expert in these matters, so maybe it isn't at all unusual. If there is an email account attached to the domain, they've been a bit careless in almost letting the domain name drop.

11. retired_member12

retired_member12 Retired Member

You'd be surprided newguy, Shoes Limited (438689) has been in Liquidation since march 1955, the Liquidator keeps throwing in a 4.86 Statement! Amazing!!

Check it out here:
    WebCHeck - Insolvency History

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.