Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Too many Google Ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm trying a little experiment here with a one page site, with a previously unused domain reg'd earlier this year:

My Online Insurance

Do people think there's too many Google Ads here?

Any comments on placement welcome, I thought I'd see what happens with these. :D

Last edited:
Thought you were only allowed 3 instances of google ads per page?

I thought that too, so I was surprised they all display.

I wonder if I'll get penalised though for leaving more than 3? :confused:

Thought Adsense only let you have 3 blocks? I think the site in general looks nice, but the third column of ads is overkill, lol.

I've found for me personally that putting ads at the top of each post results in more clicks than any other place, and I tend to favour fewer ads because otherwise I get low paying ones displayed too much - though I guess that's not an issue with insurance!

Edit: 3 blocks thing - why risk getting banned? Also, you need a privacy policy.

You can't get banned for the number of ad units you have on there at present, from Google guidelines:

Currently, AdSense publishers may place up to three AdSense for content units on one webpage. You may also place a maximum of three link units and two search boxes on each webpage.

He only has 3 content units from what I can see? And 2 link units.

I see 5 link units. Are some of them set to a mix of text/image?

Thanks everyone. :)

Also, you need a privacy policy.

Ooooh yeah, forgot about that - will add, thanks! :)

You can't get banned for the number of ad units you have on there at present, from Google guidelines:

Thanks Systreg.

I've got:

3 Text blocks
1 Search
2 Link Units

Other ads are affiliate stuff. :)

Out of curioisity, how well do search box and link ads tend to perform when compared to content ads?

Crap, only just realised that I have never had a privacy policy on any of my Adsense sites... Perhaps that's why my account has been closed down some time ago.

Is this a standard policy provided by Google?

Crap, only just realised that I have never had a privacy policy on any of my Adsense sites... Perhaps that's why my account has been closed down some time ago.

Is this a standard policy provided by Google?

I don't know, I lifted mine from somewhere, but it seems to be all over the web so I don't think it's copyrighted.

Out of curioisity, how well do search box and link ads tend to perform when compared to content ads?

Don't know about everyone else but I get the most clicks from text/link ads. I tested the search for a bit but tended to get searches with no clicks...also, it's quite limited in terms of styling.

Shouldn't you normally disallow robots to index this via robots.txt?

That would just mean that it wont be indexed but Google will still crawl it and mark it as duplicate content?

It doesn't matter unless you're trying to make it rank for something.

Or you only have a couple of pages on your website.

Most (of my) Adsense sites are minisites and have very little contant, 5-10 pages so it might actually have a negative impact if Google marks this as duplicate content.

Last edited:
Most (of my) Adsense sites are minisites and have very little contant, 5-10 pages so it might actually have a negative impact if Google marks this as duplicate content.

Aren't you worried that G will perceive it as a 'made for adsense' website?

Don't know about everyone else but I get the most clicks from text/link ads. I tested the search for a bit but tended to get searches with no clicks...also, it's quite limited in terms of styling.

Thanks for your thoughts, Blossom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom