Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Took a punt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys
was just reading some some news about so tech coming soon and say this,
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/the-best-gadgets-of-the-ifa-show.html
Basiclly Toshiba have made a glasses free 3d tv, so I thought with other tech that will be using it i would reg glassesfree3d.org.uk and for just the tv market glassesfree3dtv.org.uk
Not much in the way or searches so far just this is new tech and can only get bigger so was wonder what you guys think they are worth,

Thanks

'glasses free 3dtv' would just be '3d tv' :p

3dtv is now

4dtv is the future
actually is now too :eek:

I dont know if this helps me out at all but glasses free 3d has a £1.26 CPC and glasses free 3d tv gets £1.63 CPC
Im just seeing if they would be worth holding on to
Thanks for the input

has anyone got anything about the domains I put for the thread instead of others? lol
Thanks

I've just been watching BBC Click and they were at a tech show where 'Glasses-Free 3D' was being shown off. That what was the wording they used in the show and it's also what was on all the marketing posters etc.

Apparently the expected cost of a 'Glasses-Free 3D TV' is going to start at around 8,000euros.

So there may be hope for this one yet :)

I heard that the film studios have already given up on 3D films, as the 2D versions of the same film were getting twice as many bums on seats than the 3D versions.

Also the Nintendo DSI 3D has apparently been a big flop with the normal 2D version continuing to out sell it.

Not to say that I don't have some 3D names, I do, but I think it is just a fad.

I heard that the film studios have already given up on 3D films, as the 2D versions of the same film were getting twice as many bums on seats than the 3D versions.

Also the Nintendo DSI 3D has apparently been a big flop with the normal 2D version continuing to out sell it.

Not to say that I don't have some 3D names, I do, but I think it is just a fad.

Some people seem to really enjoy 3D Movies, but I notice that in some cinemas there's isnt even a 2D option. This guy hit on a great idea with glasses that turn 3D movies back into 2D :) -> http://www.2d-glasses.com/

Even if the 3D version half the crowd, it still makes way more than it's cost back in sales thanks to the inflated cost of the ticket. You gotta remember most "3D" films aren't actually 3D and the conversion cost is coming down all the time, so it's going to make financial sense for them to convert the big family movies for some time to come yet.

That said, outside of sport I'm not a fan of 3D myself.

The issue with 3d was the glasses for home users as you cant watch a film with a group of people unless you have loads of glasses and they cost alot of money, if you have 3d without the glasses which they are going to make who ever is watching the 3d will be able to watch it in 3d, cant go wrong with that, im not a 3d fan because i cant be bothered every time to watch something i have to put on glasses and sit there, it feels abit silly

IMO No really decent films will be in 3D anyway, because a decent film wont need the gimmic of 3D to make it watchable. (Please dont try to convince me otherwise as I dont watch kids films, fantasy films nor shlock horror films.)

i tried booking a cinema ticket for a film and couldn't believe that the only seats available were in 3D ,apparently the 2D always sells out first..apparently people have been complaining of headaches by wearing the 3D glasses

There were some recent figures to say that 3d had decreased in popularity at the cinema. The article suggested that the poor economy was leading to families choosing 2d.

anyway im on about my domain names and what people think they are worth and not there thoughts on 3d at the moment, as said this is the new tech that will be coming soon without the glasses, anyone got any thoughts about the domains?

not good on a org.uk in my opinion ,and not sure the term will be used...?? sorry for the cinema posting...i'm struggling to concentrate lately :D

anyway im on about my domain names and what people think they are worth and not there thoughts on 3d at the moment, as said this is the new tech that will be coming soon without the glasses, anyone got any thoughts about the domains?

As you may be aware, there was a very good sale for 3dtv.co.uk, which is a very good name for providing 3d TV information. However, for selling TVs, you're still going to need a price comparison site IMO.

Domainers often have an interest in new technology, myself included. However, interesting technology does not necessarily mean the name will help you sell product, as that might be governed by other factors, largely price. So, my advice is to be quite careful when regging tech names. I think if you put your name up on Acorn at the moment, it would struggle. Some very high quality tech names such as 3dtv.co.uk can do well, but always remember to be particular about what you reg, e.g. extension, and remember that "lesser" tech names may be too niche and not commercial enough. Good luck with it though.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts