Domain Manage

transfer delay on new UK registrations

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by keys, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keys United Kingdom

keys Well-Known Member Full Member

Nominet have recently imposed a delay on the transfer of new registrations. This is to ensure that the registration charge is actually paid before the domain can change hands.

UKReg (and other agents) will not allow a domain to be retagged until two months after initial registration date.

If you have just caught a name and have a keen buyer, expect to wait several weeks before a transfer can be processed.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I seem to recall a duration of three months mentioned on here. Which is it please? as I can't find the info on their site. I've got interest now, I'll probably blow it by asking too much but still...

What's the exact period before you can transfer to a new owner, is it definately two months?

4. FC Domains

FC Domains Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a Nominet policy. I often transfer domains within days.

5. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

There was a post on nom-steer (please nobody ask what nom-steer is), which commenced on 04/08/05, entitled "Tag transfers < 60 days old.", where a tag holder stated that a client of theirs, who had registered a .uk elsewhere, had been told by "elsewhere" that they couldn't change the tag on a .uk for 60 days because of company policy. The ISP (i.e. "elsewhere") in question was FASTHOSTS.

Eleanor Bradley, Director of Operations at Nominet UK replied to the post with:

"I can confirm that we would not approve a tag holder's business practices in the way suggested and would not approve a request to prevent a tag change for 60 days after registration and/or renewal. The tag holder agreement makes it clear that tag changes should not be delayed:

1.8. If the Registrant wishes to use an alternative Tag Holder, and requests the Tag Holder to change the Tag associated with a domain name, the Tag Holder must not delay such a change

If you could provide the details of the tag holder off-list we will make contact.

With regard to payment, I can confirm that the registering tag holder will always receive the registration invoice regardless of subsequent tag changes in the month of registration, even if the tag change occurs on the day of registration."

6. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

I should think that we all know what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.