Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Transferring uk domain name advice

Reaction score
hi all, I've just recently bought a .co.uk domain from a seller abroad. They are asking how I want the domain transferred. I've asked them to transfer it via nominet to my email address. They have said they cannot do this, but they could either push it to another Enom account if I create one, change the ips tag or change the owner in the admin.

What's the best way to get it to my 1and1 account ? When buying domains I usually just ask the seller to transfer to my nominet account, and then transfer the domain via my 1and1 account.

If they changed the admin owner to my name and address would it automatically transfer to my nominet account? Even without transferring it to my nominet email address?

If they changed the registrant email to the one you've used at nominet it should show up automatically in your nom account. Thats what I normally do with namecheap.

Hi Mark, If they are getting in a pickle you are welcome to get them to change it to my IPS tag and I will then get it over to your nom account for you. FOC

Last edited:
Hi Mark, If they are getting in a pickle you are welcome to get them to change it to my IPS tag and I will then get it over to your nom account for you. FOC

Thanks for the offer, its sorted now, they ending up transferring via nominet like I wanted.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom