Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

trendy_co_uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it as a part of a pool of domain names, so it's hard to say what I paid for that specific domain name - they were not valued on a domain-by-domain basis.
I probably don't have the experience to say if this domain is worth 10, 20 or 30k, which is why I came here to smarten up. It seems the consensus is that I should have taken the offer, hopefully I'll learn from this experience :)

:)
D

Oh ok, you must have experience of domains if you have bought a large portfolio? or are you just experienced in .com domains for example and not uk domains?

Have a look at the domain prices website below, which is part of acorndomains i think, it has a searchable list of sold .co.uk domain names which would be useful in helping you value any uk domains you may own.

http://www.domainprices.co.uk/Domain_Sales_Prices.php

Oh ok, you must have experience of domains if you have bought a large portfolio? or are you just experienced in .com domains for example and not uk domains?
I do and I don't. Someone else asked on the AD earlier.

Have a look at the domain prices website below, which is part of acorndomains i think, it has a searchable list of sold .co.uk domain names which would be useful in helping you value any uk domains you may own.

http://www.domainprices.co.uk/Domain_Sales_Prices.php

Thanks - I will take a good look at that URL. I also went through the sold domain forum on AD.

Thanks for your advice.

D

Seems a decent price to me mate, although I could see it going for a lot more. The people buying it will need to throw money behind branding it, because it will need branding up and advertising for the site on it to be a success.

Question really is, will they be willing to pay more for the name and take that off their advertising budget?

With advertising costing £2,000 a second at some points in the day, my bet is most of them will pay more if it is one of them.

Do you need the cash right now? If you don't then there is no problem pushing them and risking for more. That type of name won't go down in value.

Seems a decent price to me mate, although I could see it going for a lot more. The people buying it will need to throw money behind branding it, because it will need branding up and advertising for the site on it to be a success.

Question really is, will they be willing to pay more for the name and take that off their advertising budget?

With advertising costing £2,000 a second at some points in the day, my bet is most of them will pay more if it is one of them.

Do you need the cash right now? If you don't then there is no problem pushing them and risking for more. That type of name won't go down in value.

While cash is always nice, my plans with the domains are long term, so I do not absolutely need to sell anything right now.

They've come back with a higher bid, and I have countered that one. We will see where it ends up.

Thanks for your feedback...

D

So now they cancelled the bidding process at sedo - but I had a lower bid directly via another.com...It could be the same guys I guess.

So now they cancelled the bidding process at sedo - but I had a lower bid directly via another.com...It could be the same guys I guess.

That's what happens if you try and push your luck a bit too far. Hopefully you'll get a similar offer in future, but from experience once a Sedo transaction is dead, that's generally the last you'll ever hear from that particular party.

That's what happens if you try and push your luck a bit too far. Hopefully you'll get a similar offer in future, but from experience once a Sedo transaction is dead, that's generally the last you'll ever hear from that particular party.

If however you decide (after cancelled offer) that you perhaps would after all accept their offer you can change the listing to fixed price (the same as their offer) and sedo will email the buyer & tell them you have set it at their offer price.

I have recently got a couple of sales that way.

yup - well, as I said, I am learning here :)
I still wouldn't sell for 10k though.

D

yup - well, as I said, I am learning here :)
I still wouldn't sell for 10k though.

D

If it isn't right mate, stick to your guns. They will be back if they really want it, there isn't another supplier. :D

I think 10k is a good price for the domain. However, as you say you're in no rush to sell and in the longrun I suspect that will result in you getting sales of the magnitude that you otherwise wouldn't. Best of luck with your domain endevours :).

Don’t think 10k was a particularly good offer for the name I can see the side of a domaineer thinking they could purchase something more marketable or specific product for an income but the sort of business it could appeal then its a drop in the ocean marketed and givinn the right push i'd expect more ?, If you don’t need to sell don’t? ,,,, It could be a while before another one comes along but would imagine you’d not be waiting years ?

Intrigued as to how you came up with a figure as a guide price to offer for the purchase the portfolio in the first place...? Did you not know the value even roughly of the domains you purchased or not take .co.uk cctld’s into account what did you use… Seen portfolio sold on revenue, Fitting in with existing, even not wanting other to have them even some as “future investment” but not a lot else, Just wondering if I’ve missed something when advertising them in the past

Don’t think 10k was a particularly good offer for the name I can see the side of a domaineer thinking they could purchase something more marketable or specific product for an income but the sort of business it could appeal then its a drop in the ocean marketed and givinn the right push i'd expect more ?, If you don’t need to sell don’t? ,,,, It could be a while before another one comes along but would imagine you’d not be waiting years ?
Agree, I do not need to sell now or anytime soon. Though, obviously it would be nice. I am still not sure what my strategy will be...Develop/sell domain-by-domain/flip the whole portfolio. We will see.

Intrigued as to how you came up with a figure as a guide price to offer for the purchase the portfolio in the first place...? Did you not know the value even roughly of the domains you purchased or not take .co.uk cctld’s into account what did you use… Seen portfolio sold on revenue, Fitting in with existing, even not wanting other to have them even some as “future investment” but not a lot else, Just wondering if I’ve missed something when advertising them in the past

It was almost an accidental investment - long story that I wont bore you with here.

D

It was almost an accidental investment - long story that I wont bore you with here.

D

A fascinating thread really. At least now that you're actively involved with domains we're likely to see some of them being sold and/or developed, so it'll be great to see what becomes of them :).

nice name - nice offer!

DON'T sell!

I think it's important to have a balanced portfolio.

I think these domains will be worth more long term that your esoteric, keyword cruncher, disposable serp domain because I believe quality sites built around memorable brands are stronger than keyword domains like NonExecutiveDirectorVacancies.co.uk

Unless you need the dosh bad stick to your guns.

p.s.

I should mention there is one potentially serious flaw in this bandable domain model but I cannot unfortunately reveal it to you at this time as it took me about 7 years to work it out - but don't let that put you off.

I've just got a low £xx.xxx SEDO offer for it. What do you guys think it would be worth?

D

Last edited:
...I should mention there is one potentially serious flaw in this bandable domain model but I cannot unfortunately reveal it to you at this time as it took me about 7 years to work it out...

Go on, tell all, you haven't much to lose by pointing out flaws, surely? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom