Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Twitter Feed - Site Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I would really appreciate any feedback on the following - thanks.

I am looking to develop a WP site where the main content would be specific twitter messages. An example would be Company A who tweets fairly regularly, I wouldn't want to show every tweet on the site but tweets over a certain timescale.

1) How easy is it to forward twitter messages that are not your own to your site?

2) Is it a manageable process turning the feed off and on or is this un-workable?

I am just looking to show specific content at specific times rather than an on-going feed. Any information on what might be possible, difficult etc would be really helpful.

Thank you in advance for your input.

If you are going to be cherry picking tweets here and there, would you not be just as quick typing them rather than faffing around with switching feeds off and on?

It would take too long due to the number of feeds coming through at the same time, I was wondering if you could automate the on and off time per feed rather than manually having to switch on and off.

I can't figure out what you want to achieve...

What exactly are you trying to do?

An example of what I am trying to achieve would be a Live Football Score feed, I would want the live twitter feed for the 20 Div 1 clubs between 3-5pm on a Saturday but wouldn't want it before 3pm or after 5pm because the information wouldn't be relevant to the site. I wouldn't necessarily want to be at a laptop for 3pm every Sat to turn the feeds on so I would want to automate it. Does this help explain it more clearly?

Last edited:
Its difficult to say without knowing exactly what you are doing...

From your example, I wouldn't use a twitter feed for football scores.
You could get that through RSS.

excuse my ignorance are all twitter feeds RSS 'able? In that the information sent via twitter would also be available through an RSS feed?

and can you automate RSS feeds from multiple providers to one site rather than manually turn off and on? thank you for the information Mike

I'll do some reading on RSS feeds.

Last edited:
There are probably 101 ways to achieve whatever it is you are trying to do.
But without knowing exactly what it is, its difficult to offer any sound advice.

To start off with you want to get the most suitable source feed.
The more specific the better - Then it will require less work for you to filter out.

Seeing as you are using Wordpress and want to mash Twitter feeds, I'd recommend looking at TweetBlender plugin (just google it) it is quite flexible by just adjusting the short code.
It may well be able to do what you want.

Or if it is more complex I'd say take a look at Yahoo pipes, where you can mash any feed to do just about anything, although it can be a bit more tricky.

If you need help with any of these - Feel free to drop me a PM.

and can you automate RSS feeds from multiple providers to one site rather than manually turn off and on? thank you for the information Mike

I'll do some reading on RSS feeds.

If you mean mixing feeds together? - Then yes you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom