Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

txt.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm currently looking into a few active ideas regarding the above name, so i thought i'd gauge opinion here of other possibilities. I can't fully develop it right now due to other unavoidable commitments, so it'll give me time to take on board some of the better suggestions.

Cheers all :)

You would like us to give you ideas on what to do with your domain to make you money?

Yes, hang on, let me drop what im doing and I will get right on it. :mrgreen:

You would like us to give you ideas on what to do with your domain to make you money?

Yes, hang on, let me drop what im doing and I will get right on it. :mrgreen:

Correct me if i'm wrong Moderator, but this is what it say's at the top of this particular board:

'Discuss webmastering issues or ideas to help you design websites to make the most of your domain portfolio'

Not such a good Moderator then are you? Come on, lets have another cheap one liner from you, it'll be the only forum i know where a Moderator tries to belittle a member's genuine request twice in one day! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought it was quite a funny reply, met with another funny reply!..

Nice domain name though!

Cheers Mally!

Yup, certainly is a nice name, thanks!

I've noticed one odd thing though, since acquiring the name and installing stats code on the page, i've noticed that at least 50% are Chinese visitors/ companies, etc. Can't really work that one out at the mo, seeing as the company who transferred it to me never targetted that market. I'm sure there's a simple explaination for the Chinese interest, certainly not aware of any Chinese domainers, that's for sure, although there's bound to be some! :)

Correct me if i'm wrong Moderator, but this is what it say's at the top of this particular board:

'Discuss webmastering issues or ideas to help you design websites to make the most of your domain portfolio'

Not such a good Moderator then are you? Come on, lets have another cheap one liner from you, it'll be the only forum i know where a Moderator tries to belittle a member's genuine request twice in one day! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Creative ideas
Gauge opinion
Discuss ideas

At what point are you dicussing your creative ideas to gauge opinion? There is a small irony there in :rolleyes: at fire which I find a tad amusing..

Tell us your ideas and we can provide opinion, then you can gauge it and then discuss... :mrgreen: 哈哈

I think I made a valid point. I will happily discuss any particular plans you have made or are mulling over with regards your site in this part of the forum.

What are they?

Yikes, olebean & firestars, you two really are sticklers for adherence to the written word, aren't you? I bet you've both got GCSE grade C English or maybe even higher!

I chanced my arm by throwing out a slightly open invitation at freedom of expression. I now consider myself suitably chastised by the grammatical police, and await prosecution for failure to observe, and entering a forum with a 3-letter generic with intent to steal ideas!

Evening all!

i cant think of much you can do with it other than offer an sms service of some kinda.

or create a content site (again based around people who offer sms services)

nice name though :)

domain

why not add txit.co.uk to it and sell as a pair

I value the domain purely on it's three letter value.

Obviously the only use for it is for some kind of text messaging service, but I don't think you would make much money from it simply because everybody now owns a mobile phone.

how about selling blue tooth text advert machines?

basically a device that blasts out messages via bluetooth to anyone in range of the transmitter.

e.g A coffee shop in a shopping centre sends out one saying "Pop in and get 50p off a Coffe Late with this message at Costa coffe, yellow mall"

I've read about them before, the person only gets the text if they accept..

When your rich please send me a donation so I can feed my kids :D

I value the domain purely on it's three letter value.

Obviously the only use for it is for some kind of text messaging service, but I don't think you would make much money from it simply because everybody now owns a mobile phone.

Companies that send customers text messages buy in bulk to get cheaper rates etc

?

As everyone is pointing out, a text message service such as http://www.bulksms.co.uk/ springs to everyones mind, however it's a great 3 letter domain name.

Do you intend to develop it or sell it? Everyone else on here with a good name seem's to turn to Sedo.

There are loads of companies that can build a white label site that would allow people to send bulk sms out.

Loads of links here:
http://www.smstoday.co.uk/

There is one massive company which slips my mind from South Africa I think that does bolt on platforms. Kids like this service as it can save them money if sending lots and it's a bit like instant messaging.

Once had something similar set up, once made £1k in a month without even trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom