Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What does this say about a company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For the third time in as many months some of my deluded clients are paying 'marketing expert/agencies' for SEO/PPC services etc.

Every time without fail these comapnies nearly always have similar hyphen domain of the form:

mega-click.co.uk or go-ppc.co.uk or seo-roi.co.uk etc etc.

..and here's where you can tell me if I'm being anal or something's just not right in this pattern - none of them register the non hyphen version of their company name - it remains unreg'd!

These are Marketing Internet Guru's :cool:

I don't think a domain name is important to SEO types, they're mostly spammers, they'll trawl email addresses and send out spam emails offering their services, so I doubt there's much need for their website really.

I don't think these are scammers - they are delievering a service, indeed these are proper UK based (successful) businesses. Seperate biz address, tel number, ltd company etc.

What I'm sadly facinated to know is..

at the point in time when they went to choose/register their company domain *what* was the trigger that made them choose a hyphenated domain instead of non-hyphen that would have been sat there staring them in the face.. being medai/marketing/seo/web experts etc surely you'd have Systreg.co.uk over Syst-reg.co.uk

I don't think a domain name is important to SEO types, they're mostly spammers, they'll trawl email addresses and send out spam emails offering their services, so I doubt there's much need for their website really.

given the examples your provide I see it as easier to read with the hyphen which may be their reason.

megaclick.co.uk reads ok as is

goppc.co.uk means nowt as is

seoroi.co.uk ditto

Maybe its to prove a point that the domain name just doesn't matter as much as you thought.

My examples posted don't exist :rolleyes:

Got nowt to do with readability. Can only put it down to good old 'these people know how to make money' to them the domain is just a means to an end scenario.

given the examples your provide I see it as easier to read with the hyphen which may be their reason.

megaclick.co.uk reads ok as is

goppc.co.uk means nowt as is

seoroi.co.uk ditto

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom