Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Where have all the photo templates gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently spent a considerable amount of time optimising a large part of our domain portfolio which is parked at Sedo. I chose the best templates, relevant photos etc and now notice that all the photo templates have disappeared and a lot of the settings have changed. Sent an email to our new account manager (as Joanna has left - shame as she was a brilliant account manager) and waiting to hear.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem on their domains?

Yes, I noticed a few days ago that most of the sales templates had vanished, including the "sales lander" which all my domains were set to use, it has now reverted to the "sales crush" template instead of the sales lander.

I used to have different images for different domains, but just use the same one one each domain now, so didn't have your problem, pain in the arse if you've spent time setting a seperate image for each domain.

The other thing that bugs me is that at the start of every month, the optimize buttons needs to be clicked to make you re-check the status of the Sedo namerservers on each domain. It's ok if you have a few names on there, but when you have hundreds listed, it's a time consuming waste of time doing it, so now I don't bother as there's no option to do them all at the same time.

Last edited:
yes agree - I spent weeks optimising - what a waste of time. What's strange is that the chosen photos are still displayed in the domain layout section - but no template to show them on. I hadn't noticed that optimise button problem but I'll have a look. I'll let you know what sedo say.

Thanks redbird, hadn't seen that article.

What it doesn't say in the article is, what template do we now use instead of the previous template called "sales lander".

The sales lander template has to be used in order to prevent your domain from being redirected to third party sites using Sedos "Zero Click" feature, like it does most of the time with my birthdaycakedesigns.co.uk domain, which redirects to a bloody Groupon site, or on my last visit a moment ago, it went to this url:

http://movies.viewster.com/movie/11...ads&utm_campaign=ViewsterIE-87580&Subid=87580

I want to sell names, not provide bloody traffic for Groupon, Sedo, which template do we use to stop those redirects happening?

Previous topics regarding Sedo zero click redirects here:

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/sedo/114447-has-sedo-been-hacked.html

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/sedo/101423-sedo-redirects.html

The Sedo advice was:

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/sedo/101423-sedo-redirects-2.html#post388921

Last edited:
Yes thanks for that Redbird

Looks like a backward step to me - no photos on any of the new templates - just a boring list of ads. Systreg - I previously insisted to our account manager that none of our domains redirect to a third party site such as groupon and they changed our setting - haven't seen that happen again.

I recently spent a considerable amount of time optimising a large part of our domain portfolio which is parked at Sedo. I chose the best templates, relevant photos etc and now notice that all the photo templates have disappeared and a lot of the settings have changed. Sent an email to our new account manager (as Joanna has left - shame as she was a brilliant account manager) and waiting to hear.

Is there a new contact at Sedo now Joanna has left? She was fantastic.

Richard

Is there a new contact at Sedo now Joanna has left? She was fantastic.

Richard

I got an email with this contact in it

You can reach me best via e-mail ([email protected]) or by phone (0049 – 221 340 30 226).

From the phone number perhaps Sedo also closed their London office?

I did email him when he contacted me a week ago with a generic introduction email but no reply yet.

So far this year sold only 1 name on Sedo having averaged 3 or 4 a month consistently for years.

Stephen.

Last edited:
I got an email with this contact in it

You can reach me best via e-mail ([email protected]) or by phone (0049 – 221 340 30 226).

From the phone number perhaps Sedo also closed their London office?

I did email him when he contacted me a week ago with a generic introduction email but no reply yet.

So far this year sold only 1 name on Sedo having averaged 3 or 4 a month consistently for years.

Stephen.

Not good.

Sent an email to our new account manager (as Joanna has left - shame as she was a brilliant account manager) and waiting to hear.

Nigel, did you get a reply.

I've been waiting over a week for one from this Dildeep chap & since Monday for a response from the online service desk.

The hugo@sedo address bounces, so I guess he left too. Do they still have a London office?

Oh, & new domains are taking 10 days+ to verify. It's a bloody shambles.

Nigel, did you get a reply.

I've been waiting over a week for one from this Dildeep chap & since Monday for a response from the online service desk.

The hugo@sedo address bounces, so I guess he left too. Do they still have a London office?

Oh, & new domains are taking 10 days+ to verify. It's a bloody shambles.

No reply from Dildeep either. This isn't good. I also wonder if the London office is being manned now. I only reparked our domains at Sedo a few months ago following discussions with Joanna. She'd always get back same day with any queries.

No reply from Dildeep either. This isn't good. I also wonder if the London office is being manned now. I only reparked our domains at Sedo a few months ago following discussions with Joanna. She'd always get back same day with any queries.

No, it's not looking good. I'm still waiting for the July payout.

Joanna was very reliable & I'm sure she'll do well with this video conferencing job. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much enthusiasm for the UK market from any of the parking co's - my latest DS account manager is now based in the US.

Sedo don't help themselves by insisting on recruiting graduates. They're ambitious, learn the job, get bored & move on to bigger & better things.

I miss the pictures too.

They say "In tests, the auto-selection layouts averaged 25% more income than the deactivated layouts" but that must exclude income from sales. Earning €5 instead of €4 is nice, but not if it reduces my chances of making £100+ on a sale.

Anyone wishing to speak to Dildeep can still contact him via the London number - although he is based in Germany.

To email him, try dildeep.singh-gabrhi [ a t ] sedo.com

I'm not seeing a 25% improvement in revenue. If anything, adult lander clicks are DOWN 25%.

Hi GimpyDog,

If you are seeing a drop in parking earnings after the change to our top 8 templates I ask that you contact me in [email protected] and we can analyse your parking numbers. If there is something going wrong in your account we may be able to help.

Many Thanks

Dildeep

Hi Guys,

I wanted to introduce myself here. As many of you already know, my name is Dildeep Singh and I have taken over Joanna's role and management of the UK market.

I worked in the UK office for 2 years then moved out to Cologne and have been here for just over a year now. I have a strong technical background and work closely with our product teams to voice your concerns and work towards solutions.

Please bear with me while I transition into my new role. I would like to get to know all of your accounts and speak with all of you one-by-one while managing the urgent issues as well.

I will be in London for the rest of the week and will not be reachable on my normal office number but please drop me an email for any issues. You will be able to reach me on Monday onwards at +49 22134030226, but if you prefer to call Joanna's old number it will divert to myself as well for the time-being.

Thank you for all the replies to the introductory email. If I haven't replied to yours yet I will get to them soon.

Kind Regards

Dildeep

Hi Guys,

I wanted to introduce myself here. As many of you already know, my name is Dildeep Singh and I have taken over Joanna's role and management of the UK market.

I worked in the UK office for 2 years then moved out to Cologne and have been here for just over a year now. I have a strong technical background and work closely with our product teams to voice your concerns and work towards solutions.

Please bear with me while I transition into my new role. I would like to get to know all of your accounts and speak with all of you one-by-one while managing the urgent issues as well.

I will be in London for the rest of the week and will not be reachable on my normal office number but please drop me an email for any issues. You will be able to reach me on Monday onwards at +49 22134030226, but if you prefer to call Joanna's old number it will divert to myself as well for the time-being.

Thank you for all the replies to the introductory email. If I haven't replied to yours yet I will get to them soon.

Kind Regards

Dildeep

welcome to the forum Dildeep and thanks for calling me today

Kind regards,

Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom