Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Which Reseller Web Hosting to go for ...

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by max99x, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

Okay I asked this a year ago, eventually went with WebHostingBuzz ... but in the last month or so I've had big issues inc extremely slow load speeds from their servers and them accidentally messing up the IP so one of our websites when typed in showed a random other customers site which there support didn't realise or admit to for 12 hours+!

So ... recommendations please

• Uk Host preferably
    • Reseller account or so I can have multiple sites on it
    • Price wise £15-40 per month
    • Great customer support
    • Very little/no downtime etc
    • Ideally will help move all sites across

2. scottmccloud

scottmccloud Well-Known Member

I too have had some problems recently with Webhosting Buzz and I've been looking to move the sites I have with them elsewhere. I'm still miffed that the 'free' domain I got when I took the hosting out isn't actually free at all and I will have to pay £12 to transfer it into my name.

I'm probably looking at moving over to Hi Hosting (hihosting.co.uk) as I've heard a lot of good things about them. I know a few people who use Vidahost (vidahost.com) too and they've not had any problems.

3. donton United Kingdom

donton Active Member

Off the top of my head I pay about £24/month for reseller hosting with Vidahost.

Without a doubt Vidahost are the best host I have ever used. Their support is outstanding- always fast and comprehensive, nothing is ever too much. If they give me a solution that's a bit too technical for my liking then I usually just ask them to do it for me and they happily oblige.

Not the cheapest, but cheapest certainly isn't best when it comes to hosting. Can't think of any issues I have had with Vidahost. I was recommended them by a couple of friends after a bad experience with Hostgator.

4. ChrisMM United Kingdom

ChrisMM Active Member

Big fan of Clook.

5. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

+1 one for Vidahost don't have reseller but they give fantastic support on their managed vps for systems.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  6. ian

ian Well-Known Member

Using tso for one of my biggest sites and no issues; excellent customer service and prices. Haven't tried out a reseller package though, but sure it will be great. A sneaky 20% discount code often works too ;)

7. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure tsohost and vidahost are run by the same company so I guess that's a another+1

8. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty ideal! Will take a look at them

9. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Nimbus Hosting and Vida Host are probably the best of the big boys in the UK Market. Cant remember if either of them offer Cpanel though, last time i looked was a couple of years ago and was put off because one of them was plesk.............obviously may have changed since then.

Got many clients with Nimbus, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

10. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

I use Nimbus for my ecom businesses :) Can't rate them highly enough, I would whack my other sites onto it but their prices for wordpress are quite bit higher and these are not as important

11. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Clook are worth a look, WHM and CPanel reseller hosting in your price range.

12. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

I use hostdime - they're small but good value @ £20 PCM for reseller with WHM & Cpanel

13. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

Site 5 are worth a look (American company but you can choose a server in London) - very reasonable prices

14. mtalk India

mtalk Active Member

15. ABCV Saudi Arabia

ABCV Active Member

There are a lot of reviews on WebHostingBuzz.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  16. juliahans

juliahans New Member

asphostportal.com is one of the best host in my experience. I've been using them for quite sometime now. I have reseller hosting account with them for 4 sites hosted and never a problem. Always answered my support tickets pronto!

You can find bad reviews about anything online. The best way to find out is to try it yourself. If you haven't tried it, I wouldn't discount it. I haven't had any problems with my droplets and I've been using them for quite some time. Just learn to manage it correctly.

17. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

Came across Smart Hosting recently....both their reseller and 'master reseller' look very good, possibly too good to be true. Seem to get really good reviews....anyone used them?

18. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

Ended up going with Vidahost after recommendations, service so far has been top, they transfered all my sites across with no issues!

if anyone also is thinking of swapping use discount code: EcomRide for 10% off any of their hosting plans

19. mally United States

mally Well-Known Member

I'm using krystal.co.uk , had great service so far, I've got a dedicated server, I'm told their other packages are of good value ( reseller £24.99 )

20. ABCV Saudi Arabia

ABCV Active Member

Unlimited everything??? How is that even possible??? Generally, as a rule of thumb, I never go for anything unlimited unless I'm dealing with a reputable and well established company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.