Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

whisky.uk

I'm seriously envious. That was about the only one Total didn't manage to get for me. As a whisky fanatic I wanted that domain (to go with my own maltwhisky.org.uk ).

Anyway, Slainte!

Very nice catch, I was really hoping for this one to compliment haggis.uk which I got.

I got married in Glencoe on Burns Night this year, and we celebrated with a bottle of 1936 Mortlach, which was seriously nice, and of course ate haggis for supper. If you'd care to donate the whisky and haggis domains as a late wedding present...

I got married in Glencoe on Burns Night this year, and we celebrated with a bottle of 1936 Mortlach, which was seriously nice, and of course ate haggis for supper. If you'd care to donate the whisky and haggis domains as a late wedding present...

Love Glencoe. Spent a couple of good new years there myself in the pub that's a tardis. Middle of nowhere, with a massive cellar bar.Looks tiny from outside but loads of people in there. All the climbers go there.

thanks for all the (private) messages, highest bid is 5000, looking for around 10k

i see Whisky.com sold for 3.1 Million dollar to the owner of Whisky.de, would you guys wait for a big sale or auction it off somewhere? Any advice is appreciated

Domainers are the ones who see the most value at the moment in .uk domains (from my inderstanding anyway). So, I'm guesing a private sale on here or auction on one of the uk domain auction sites I guess would be the way to go.

Not sure if end-users would see the value just yet.

• Agree
Reactions: BG
I think you should sell to me for 1k to put with my alcohol name but being serious its how quick do you need to sell? Cashflow etc.maybe wait for a few months for the market to settle.

Cracking name anyway

Edward

Whisky is an interesting one here in the UK, because Master of Malt dominate the UK online market (in fact they run a superb website).

But the market for whisky is huge. Prices for good and collectable whisky have risen hugely in recent years, not least because of interest in China and the Far East.

There are all number of rival distilleries and companies who ought to want this domain name, if only to forward to their own websites.

The malt whisky market is buoyant and the potential for online sales and profit is substantial, but it would take a load of development to compete with M of M.

Of course, I wanted this domain myself, but I'll just have to content myself with maltwhisky.org.uk and, best of all, drinking the uisge beatha.

Whisky is an interesting one here in the UK, because Master of Malt dominate the UK online market (in fact they run a superb website).

But the market for whisky is huge. Prices for good and collectable whisky have risen hugely in recent years, not least because of interest in China and the Far East.

There are all number of rival distilleries and companies who ought to want this domain name, if only to forward to their own websites.

The malt whisky market is buoyant and the potential for online sales and profit is substantial, but it would take a load of development to compete with M of M.

Of course, I wanted this domain myself, but I'll just have to content myself with maltwhisky.org.uk and, best of all, drinking the uisge beatha.

I definitely had this domain too far down my list for catching on that day - but I'd probably have been beaten any way.

Totally off topic here, sort of, but the interest from the Far East is fascinating. I honestly think the two best whiskies I've ever had are Japanese. Can Nikka and Yamazaki be beaten?! Either way, pretty off topic on a domains website.

The Yamazaki Distillers Reserve is very good. My favourites for what it's worth (or if anyone fancies me sending me some as a late wedding present) are the Dalwhinnie Distillers Edition and the Talisker Distillers Edition, 19 year old Tomintoul, 21 year old Knockando, and 21 year old Glendronach Parliament. I can't commend these too highly! Fettercairn makes a gorgeous cask-strength 21 year old worth every penny. For peaty malts, try Tobermory Darkness.

All to hopefully be advertised and sold soon at whisky.uk !

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom