Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who here is catching .uk names?

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by martin-s, Sep 28, 2016.

1. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Now that the first batch of two year .uk registrations is expiring, who here is going after them?

Personally I still wouldn't touch a .uk on its own.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. kate-brownhill United Kingdom

kate-brownhill Active Member

We mainly look for domains to develop and i can honestly say i have absolutely no problem with .uk. I actually prefer them as they are slightly shorter and look much smarter then what is starting to look very old and clunky (.co.uk)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

I sold an lll.uk the other day for 185 - why would I not try and catch / flip them?

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

If I was capable of drop catching I would. Whilst I've everything against Nominets decision and handling of it I have nothing against .UK domains now they are here and I actually do believe it will become a strong and popular UK extension.

6. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

llls are probably the exception in my eyes, but catching is so competitive for those that I don't generally bother.

7. ian

ian Well-Known Member

I have no issue with them for a potential long term play. I caught lion/uk just the other day.

8. RobM

RobM Retired Member

There are many people using hosted chasing that are chasing and catching .uk domains. I must admit I have mixed feelings about them - they look nice but I guess time will tell how they perform.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I've just realised its your service you are talking about! Whats the cost of the other items if you already have a tag, DAC and EPP are lost on me

10. ian

ian Well-Known Member

With a TAG, you just need the DAC, which is around £30 per year. Then you need a hosted script, of which RobM provides one. Not used it myself (have private script) but from what I understand of some of the tags that do (and see them crop up), it does fairly well.

Rob - dropped you an email 1 or 2 days ago, not sure if you got it, I've strangely had a lack of response from a few regular contacts of mine, so not sure if it is my end (no one say anything! :D)

• Informative Informative x 1