Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who here is catching .uk names?

Reaction score
Now that the first batch of two year .uk registrations is expiring, who here is going after them?

Personally I still wouldn't touch a .uk on its own.

We mainly look for domains to develop and i can honestly say i have absolutely no problem with .uk. I actually prefer them as they are slightly shorter and look much smarter then what is starting to look very old and clunky (.co.uk)

I sold an lll.uk the other day for 185 - why would I not try and catch / flip them?

Now that the first batch of two year .uk registrations is expiring, who here is going after them?

Personally I still wouldn't touch a .uk on its own.

If I was capable of drop catching I would. Whilst I've everything against Nominets decision and handling of it I have nothing against .UK domains now they are here and I actually do believe it will become a strong and popular UK extension.

llls are probably the exception in my eyes, but catching is so competitive for those that I don't generally bother.

I have no issue with them for a potential long term play. I caught lion/uk just the other day.

There are many people using hosted chasing that are chasing and catching .uk domains. I must admit I have mixed feelings about them - they look nice but I guess time will tell how they perform.

There are many people using hosted chasing that are chasing and catching .uk domains. I must admit I have mixed feelings about them - they look nice but I guess time will tell how they perform.

I've just realised its your service you are talking about! Whats the cost of the other items if you already have a tag, DAC and EPP are lost on me

I've just realised its your service you are talking about! Whats the cost of the other items if you already have a tag, DAC and EPP are lost on me
With a TAG, you just need the DAC, which is around £30 per year. Then you need a hosted script, of which RobM provides one. Not used it myself (have private script) but from what I understand of some of the tags that do (and see them crop up), it does fairly well.

Rob - dropped you an email 1 or 2 days ago, not sure if you got it, I've strangely had a lack of response from a few regular contacts of mine, so not sure if it is my end (no one say anything! :D)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom