Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

whois lagging??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing names showing as available when they have been caight?

Saw name available yesterday, still available via 123-reg, paid for it , only to see it has been registration by a dropcatcher. Must have shown available for 10-15 minutes.

Same is happening now.

Also delays in receiving registration emails from Nominet.

See my thread on media360 - it's behind by about 15 minutes, it's why catcher domains are appearing in the dropped domain listings on deleting. Oh and 123-reg are notorious, aint regd anything through them so far this year.

Its not the whois thats at fault it's the automaton that is processing the registration emails slow. The domains are officially available when you check but you will never get them because the dropcatchers registration emails are already in the automaton queue.

Grant

Yes, it's behind, I promise not to lose the plot when I find out I've lost a domain again.

Last edited:
A name I know will have been registered has said available for 40 minutes now.

The problem is anyone who manually registers it because it is "officially available" will have to go through the hoops of getting a refund - and businesses will have to waste time issuing refunds. A lot of wasted time and effort all round.

But thanks for the explanation Grant.

Do you get money back on non runners at the races? I guess I should think myself lucky that you do on these little horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom