Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who's Using Fresh Store Builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with domains which formerly had sites on them has not been good and therefore stick to putting FSB on "clean" domains. I have been happy with it and unusually (in my experience)for an automated program actually made some money and continue to for not a great deal of effort.

This is actually a great point, which I haven't said much about. As most people here are domainers you will most likely have had other software or websites on the domains you are using for FSB.

If the sites were thin then it is likely Google will take more time to trust your new site.

There is no reason why the latest version would be causing you any problems and I advise strongly against using v2.4.0 as there are many improvements in v2.5.0.

The template issues are known and will be addressed in the coming version :cool:

Got my first site live although i must admit it's going to take longer to get the rest of the categories in place. The site is Travel Guides Books

Is anyone using the inbuilt spinner? I'm interested in it but wanted to know what other people's opinion of this feature? Does it work, is it worth the money?

Thanks

Roy

Got my first site live although i must admit it's going to take longer to get the rest of the categories in place. The site is Travel Guides Books

Is anyone using the inbuilt spinner? I'm interested in it but wanted to know what other people's opinion of this feature? Does it work, is it worth the money?

Thanks

Roy

the site is taking a massively looong time to load :confused: like the use of monochrome for the header though

the site is taking a massively looong time to load :confused: like the use of monochrome for the header though

Same for me. Took so long that I couldn't even have a look at the site (tried twice!).

Same for me. Took so long that I couldn't even have a look at the site (tried twice!).

Thanks for the feedback - i'm not experiencing any problems that I know of on my server. It's only 1 of 3 sites on my VPS!! The other site is www.aimeesboutique.co.uk... Could you let me know if that site is running slow or taking a long time to open up?

Thanks

Roy

Thanks for the feedback - i'm not experiencing any problems that I know of on my server. It's only 1 of 3 sites on my VPS!! The other site is www.aimeesboutique.co.uk... Could you let me know if that site is running slow or taking a long time to open up?

Thanks

Roy

That's working fine, nice iPhone site by the way :)

The travel guide books one is working for me now without being slow so maybe it was just a once off thing!

What if the site was previously on page 1 position 1? Should there be any reason, other than google does not like it, why the homepage is no longer indexed and only an internal page is indexed at position 65!?
And do you have any idea why lots of pages are coming up with a redirect loop error?

Perhaps google is penalising them for not loading fast enough. I cant even get Yslow to work with the stalfoshop theme to track down the problem? it just stalls trying to load all components.

This is actually a great point, which I haven't said much about. As most people here are domainers you will most likely have had other software or websites on the domains you are using for FSB.

If the sites were thin then it is likely Google will take more time to trust your new site.

There is no reason why the latest version would be causing you any problems and I advise strongly against using v2.4.0 as there are many improvements in v2.5.0.

The template issues are known and will be addressed in the coming version :cool:

Almost finished my next site. It's not live yet but the standard FSB 'site coming soon' holding page is #1 on G for the EMD search (for logged-out browsers too). The 30 page site is all original content - custom descriptions, Meta info, Privacy, T&C, Basket pages. Doesn't use any of the inbuilt 'purchase the famous...' style templates.

It's a new domain that's never had anything else on it.

Fingers crossed it will still rank #1 when Google gets a look at the live site...

Just thought I would say after a long month of trying loads of things my site has come back to one of its rankings in google, just need to get the others back now.

What if the site was previously on page 1 position 1? Should there be any reason, other than google does not like it, why the homepage is no longer indexed and only an internal page is indexed at position 65!?
And do you have any idea why lots of pages are coming up with a redirect loop error?

Perhaps google is penalising them for not loading fast enough. I cant even get Yslow to work with the stalfoshop theme to track down the problem? it just stalls trying to load all components.

Where is the redirect loop error - in Google Webmaster tools? If so that needs sorting out. It could be that Google is still looking for pages from your old site - you need to do 301 redirects of the old page URLs to relevant new pages (or serve a 404 error).

To test your speed try the following:

https://developers.google.com/pagespeed/
http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

They will all give you slightly different info and a different way of looking at the speed of your site.

Just thought I would say after a long month of trying loads of things my site has come back to one of its rankings in google, just need to get the others back now.

Great news and thank you for posting - I appreciate you updating everyone on your rankings :cool:

Care to share the changes you have made that you think may have helped? I really want FSB to work and think its a great piece of software, but at the minute every site I have used it on has tanked.

My site has started ranking again now.

Haven't done a single thing to it apart from wait it out. I think it's down to moving from an old site to a new site and only 301'ing certain pages, it just threw up loads of unreachable pages due to robots.txt and took a while to respider everything and get the new layout sussed.

That wasnt the same issue for me as the domain did not have a site on it before,

That wasnt the same issue for me as the domain did not have a site on it before,

Didn't say it was. Shane has asked you on the post before me though so if you'd like to share what helped you then feel free.

My site has started ranking again now.

Haven't done a single thing to it apart from wait it out. I think it's down to moving from an old site to a new site and only 301'ing certain pages, it just threw up loads of unreachable pages due to robots.txt and took a while to respider everything and get the new layout sussed.

Could be I guess. I've put one of the sites back again (I left the database intact when I removed it, just moved the files so each enough to put back). Probably wont do me any favours going HTML > FSB > HTML > FSB but nevermind. Will leave it and see what happens.

I started going through the template and cleaning up some of the little errors (W3C and SEO). Hopefully it'll come back at some point, but not holding my breath - its not got a single page in the top 200 for the EMD at the minute.

Oh Right sorry yea,
I wish I could give some info into what help as I ended up doing loads of different things, and who knows what acutally gave it the kick back,

But things I did do was as shane has done, gone through the code and fixed alot of issues, thank god it was php, saved alot of time on fixing alot of pages,
I fix things like no alts and changed the tags around so there wasnt 14 h1 tags on a page, etc, did a little bit on link building and changed the content on the site so it came first instead of images, and added another 2000 words

Just all the simple stuff really that i didnt do before as the site was ranking well and didnt need to, I still do not have all my rankings back, I only have 1 of 4 1st back in google, the rest still havent really moved. Im letting the site settle a couple a weeks before I do anything again this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom