Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Why are Adsense payments down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We all know that our Adsense payments have fell through the floor, but to be honest, I don’t get why.
None of my mini-sites have seen a reduction in visitors. Statistics being what they are, I can’t see any reason to presume the visitors are less inclined to click the ads. I’ve switched off the free info services type ads, so only paid ones are shown, and I check the sites live through a different IP to check ads are running, which they are.
The argument is that advertisers are pulling up their socks and not using Adwords as much, lowering the ppc value. It’s this that I don’t get. Over the past 5 years of more, I’ve explained and installed Adwords accounts for maybe a dozen or so customers I’ve dealt with over that time who were clueless about its potential. In the past week, I’ve been in touch with them all, scratching for business, but whilst on the phone, I took the opportunity to ask them all if they still run their Adwords campaigns. All of them said yes and all still pay their bills accordingly.
So why has the Adsense dropped so much? I must be missing quite a few obvious points here I’m sure!!!

Last edited:
Dec '09 to Jan '10 (to date) eCPM has dropped ~%25.

It fluctuates for me. Google has smart pricing and will place value on the "quality" of the traffic.

No doubt most Adwords clients have Google Analytics installed on their site, so Google would see the whole picture from click through to conversions (that is if the user has set Goals).

Also, advertisers may have paused their campaigns over the Christmas/New Year break.

I have seen a 5 to 10% dropped but I thought it was just normal, I would have thought the advertising would go up as my companies are recovering

Could it be down to more companies selecting to only display their ads on the search network, as oppossed to the content network.. saving costs and targeting only the genuine customers.

I know that when I was running my own campaigns for my business a couple of years ago, I ended up using the search only as the ctr on the content was very low.

Not saying that is it.. just my own experience.

I think its true to say that the traffic from paid search is of higher quality than content traffic. In turn, the cost of content traffic is far less.

The advertiser will decide what streams of traffic are of value to them and price bid accordingly.

What you and I get paid as publishers, is left up to Google and its downstream partners e.g. parking companies.

Have you tried joining the google affiliate network.

Works pretty much the same, and only needs a few clicks to get you going..

If you have a site that gets clicks for the right products, your earnings will soar.

And if you have loyal adword advertisers, you should get similar advertisers on there.

Google isnt daft, and it makes its affiliates look deeper into where it is getting its clicks, so a site like yours should do welll.

I'm currently writing some smartphone copy for someone, and the google aff network would be perfect for them, professional solid products and services suit it perfectly.

my adsense income has been down considerably since november / december.

I always wondered why, thats a very interesting article. there must be some correlation.

To a certain degree, I'd say the Adsense/Adwords programs actually fueled domain registrations in certain areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom