Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Advice and what to concentrate on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j13

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im sure some of you are in the same situation... I have too many projects in the half completed/barely started phase and I really need to just concentrate on one at a time.

Im after a bit of advice as to which one will have the best returns for the smallest turn around time (so that I can start earning and move onto the next project) and also any ideas/features that will make the sites better.

1) Blackboards and chalkboards (both .co.uk)
I looked into partnering with a chalkboard manufacturer last year and got a dropshipping 'agreement' set up. The major concern here is having to handle payments and automate the ordering process from my users, to the manufacturers as much as possible (and confirming payment as well as ensuring it cant be reversed).

Anyone have any advice on dropshipping/how they got started with it? Did the retailer immediately give you a line of credit or did you have to do the first few months settling each purchase immediately?

2) Babydeals and Cameradeals (both .co.uk)
Started baby deals as a test and earned quite a bit out of affiliate revenue, these sites would need a bit of up keep once started but could also use a content writing/blogging service to keep them going.

Anyone know of a good blog writer they don't mind sharing?

3) Or just concentrate on lots of smaller, simpler affiliate websites that wont need so much updating once set up properly e.g.
shredder.org.uk
Chocolatefountain.org.uk
speaker/s.org.uk

Any help/advice/comments appreciated :)
Thanks!

I am feeling generous this morning, so here's my sincere advice:

1) Blackboards and chalkboards (both .co.uk) - Lots of development faff to get into a product which probably has low margins and low revenue potential to you. Forget it until you have made a good success of at least one site via affiliate marketing (as that proves you have the marketing and dev skill necessary to move on to dropshipping).

2) Babydeals - Not that keen on the name as it sounds like you're selling babies, but apart from that some sector potential is there, but you really need to work the community aspect and provide baby info, and are you really that enthusiastic about the subject?

Cameradeals (.co.uk) - Fantastic name for marketing purposes. I would just concentrate on this site, but you'll have to really work at it because you have huge competition from other affiliates (hello!), and lots of them very tech savvy and good at building sites. You'll really need to keep the site bang up to date with plenty of good info, latest prices and voucher codes to get anywhere.

3) Or just concentrate on lots of smaller, simpler affiliate websites that wont need so much updating once set up properly e.g.
shredder.org.uk
Chocolatefountain.org.uk
speaker/s.org.uk

- Now Google has toned down the Exact Match Domain benefit, this is difficult to do, and unless you really love building sites, you are likely to get defocused and demotivated, and will end up chasing your tail a bit and won't make much money.

Rgds

I agree totally with what Accelerator has said -cameradeals is the standout name with the most obvious chance of a decent return if you buid a good site

good luck!

thanks a lot for the detailed feedback!! Really appreciate it :)

Right...now to find the time to do Camera deals justice :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom