Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Alice Perkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Tried to get in touch with you, via quite a few e-mail addresses you seem to hold. That's if you want to go easy way about this!!!

You're welcome to PM me and resolve this quite civilized way..

If you are present on Acorns, care to answer about scum you been pulling of via domain name; shopwomensfashion.co.uk and much more.. Or do I need to pay the visit? Won't be the first on-line scumer I been down to see, you know ;)

Don't worry I know your real address :)

Are they a member on here?

I have a good reason to believe so, but won't disclose any user name (names) on acorns, at least not until I am completely sure, that's the right member.

Worth to mention, I didn't fall for this scum my self (this time around), but close people to me didn't realize it's;

• Domain name close to expire and don't make much sense
  • Websites looks terrible (even for my standards)

Usually it's been clothing and shoes for sale, type of sites!

I will do some research, if I can find any more active sites at the moment, will post it here and probably other forums.

Practice seem to be; suck money out of one or couple customers and close it down!

I am sure not too many, if any at all of Acorn members will fall for this, you guys have an eye for red flag sites. All the customers so far been people who just use web for purchasing stuff and social networking, so easy to trick I guess..

Last edited:
Sorry, yes that's what I meant scam!

Basically customers order shoes, clothing. Weather based in UK or Europe people I know who been scammed so far are from (England, Wales, Netherlands, Poland and Latvia)

Basically, (seems at first) valid purchase. paying methods been anything from debit cards to PayPal.

Then your item doesn't arrive within week or two.. When you're in UK you know you been scammed by then, in rest of Europe I guess you can wait for other week or two, just in case if delivery is late.

Anyway after that, every single time websites are closed down, domain names have expired, or been dropped!

In all fairness it's kids of customers fault at first because they should have been more careful at first, to realize that's so fake..

What gets me is that I been kind of able to get on this persons tracks and as mentioned, I have tracked down couple on-line scammers in my life before, just for fun :D

+ How many sites does this person have to be able to pull it of on such scale across few countries!

+ Nominet Tag holder as well?

Last edited:
I realize it's not a big matter by any means. There are massive scams going around every day.

Then again every time me, or anybody related to me is being fooled around, I don't care about money involved any more.. If it's possible I want to get in touch with person, being nice and reasonable at first, if that's not good enough.. They not bothering to even make effort to change their ways?

Well the way they seem to treat people with taking no responsibility afterwards is good for them, it is good enough for my actions later! :D

Two wrongs don't make it right? Then again, being too nice and letting people of with stuff doesn't really help either, does it?

Lol maybe that's just the way I think though..

You're suggesting a Nominet TAG holder and member of this forum is setting up websites, selling a couple of pairs of shoes, not sending them and then closing the wesites down?

Really???

Seems like a lot of work keep setting up new paypal accounts for the sake of a couple of pairs of shoe sales etc as you would assume charge-backs would be ripe for both Paypal and Credit Cards transactions.

Can't say I agree with hunting people down off line especially for the sake of a couple of quid regardless of the moral high ground, having said that....it's hypercritical for me to say such thing, when I was younger I did go and pay a couple of people "visits" who were messing around with invoices for a very long time, amazing how nice people are and fast people pay up after knocking on their door with some choice words.

Not something id do now days though, sometimes you've just got to tag it down to experience and learn from it and move on.

You're suggesting a Nominet TAG holder and member of this forum is setting up websites, selling a couple of pairs of shoes, not sending them and then closing the websites down?

Really???

You right there.. No that's just an registrar, haven't seen it before and I was too quick to make judgement without even typing it in google and checking.. My bad, had a beer or two last night, when wrote it and got ahead of things!

As for it this person likely being member here, I am very confident about that. I am not the person to make acquisitions like that with no solid ground, trust me. It would be wrong to start publishing them now, before I am completely sure plus if this person approaches me (most importantly people they ripped off) we can put this situation to bed.. Unless they carry on these practises.

Of course, I don't know the scale of how many people this person has ripped off. I can just go with the fact, relying on people close to me coming back to me with order confirmations and stuff. As going with alexa rank, backlinks, or any other potential traffic sources (traffic check up tools) none of these domains seemed to have any reasonable traffic at all, at any time really. That's my research again, though..

has to be said it's mostly been guys out of UK, again them shopping at .co.uk sites is surprising in first place, but as I said they are people who know nothing about domain names, or decant looking websites! (It being .co.uk domains is reason I brought it to awareness here at acorns + as mentioned earlier this person most likely being member here, too!)

This is in no way attack to Acorns community, it's more about letting members know, 'unfortunately there is some one who does this, out there'. Matter of the fact you will notice I've been incredibly nice all this time here and don't complain about stuff for no reason, or make it up for sake of exposure, or anything like that..

Besides for me it's worrying. It's hard enough to build your own small e-commerce sites, dropshiping sites and similar. People like that, take already the slim chances from gaining the (little what's left of trust away from potential customers)

Last edited:
I am not doing any shady activities, but have 4 PayPal account on my name and spend little over 5 minutes to set them up, that is - the waiting times of course ;) Not sure how the charge back policy work exactly, but have heard about people dropping they PayPal account and moving on to next ones, that's probaly using fake names and such though..

As I mentioned earlier it's not as much about money (most of the stuff been adidas, nike or similar shoes for close to £100 each), but yeah that's still not that much.

As for rest of the stuff, sometimes, I just think, I got too much time in my hands and yes most of the time I just like to resolve it for the sake of it, really.. It's not about a money, it's about people realizing 'You shouldn't be messing with people, just because you think they won't even know who you are. We all may have money problems, or something else can go wrong, then even one phone call, or e-mail would let people know what's going on. Disappearing and trying to cover all the tracks doesn't..

I just gonna see what I can do about it, that's all ;)

Seems like a lot of work keep setting up new paypal accounts for the sake of a couple of pairs of shoe sales etc as you would assume charge-backs would be ripe for both Paypal and Credit Cards transactions.

Can't say I agree with hunting people down off line especially for the sake of a couple of quid regardless of the moral high ground, having said that....it's hypercritical for me to say such thing, when I was younger I did go and pay a couple of people "visits" who were messing around with invoices for a very long time, amazing how nice people are and fast people pay up after knocking on their door with some choice words.

Not something id do now days though, sometimes you've just got to tag it down to experience and learn from it and move on.

Last edited:
Is it a co incidence that lots of people close to you have been scammed? Can't say I've heard of the domain as a big retailer and Google doesn't have much at all about it.

Something seems very strange

Is it a co incidence that lots of people close to you have been scammed? Can't say I've heard of the domain as a big retailer and Google doesn't have much at all about it.

Something seems very strange

As I mentioned earlier I don't know about full scale of this and as for a lot of people close to me (maybe I should say people in my circles).. Let me clear it up..

It's my brother, who's been back in Latvia for some time now, ordered shoes and hoddie, about month ago from website mentioned above..

My friends, girlfriend, when she was back in Poland few months ago (now back in UK) ordered shoes from the same website , never got them, never got repayment, never got any reply despite contacting them, many times. (as with every other person in this list)

Guy who currently lives and works in Netherlands town near by Amsterdam, I think (my friend), again ordered shoes from different website; owned by same person couple months ago and never received them..

As for order from Wales, that's my English/welsh part of family in UK (my step-fathers parents) and Order from England is my ex-girlfriend (don't speak much with here no more though :D)..

I seen there is not much about this person or website mentioned, or other sites ,probably owned by them, on Google. Has to be many more people ripped of by this person, that's why I wouldn't mind to put the end of it, if I can you know ;)

Beside won't wonder there's someone else I know of who been ripped of by them I just haven't been told by them so far..

Last edited:
Very weird, why are they all ordering from unknown uk sites? How are they finding out about them?

If I.wanted clothes why would I order from an unknown site in Belgium for example? Add to that, co incidence other people connected to me but I don't know them also ordering from it?

Last edited:
Very weird, why are they all ordering from unknown uk sites? How are they finding out about them?

If I.wanted clothes why would I order from an unknown site in Belgium for example? Add to that, co incidence other people connected to me but I don't know them also ordering from it?

Most of them might be something like local google ads, or even directed via affiliate programs. Then again, my guess is as good as yours. I been asking them to get some more idea, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, these are guys who don't understand, when I explain what I do (affiliate marketing, buying selling domain names, parking) I got some of their order confirmations and well one sided e-mail conversations (if that's how you can call it)

In all fairness, when I was ordering something on-line 2 - 3 years ago I never paid any attention to what domain name is coming up in the url address bar, beyond well known; google, facebook and few other, I didn't even paid much attention to keywords..

As those guys have no clue what to do about it I am just curious to see, if I can find the person who's doing it, that's all. In all fairness they don't even expect to receive their order, or be re-funded, at least not by the person mentioned, it's just me seeing if I can at least get to this person ;)

Last edited:
The domain you mentioned doesn't seem to be mentioned much in Google from what I can see?

Also, you aren't 100 percent they are on here but posting it anyway? Surely if you knew they were you would pm them or post their username?

I might be reading a bit into it, but it is very strange and co incidental how people you know who don't know each other have all been ripped off by the same site in a different country that's pretty much unheard of? You even made the url bold in the post...

What other urls are there?

Last edited:
List some of the other domains if you can. If someone is setting up websites to rip people off they're not going to use the correct details in the whois! This Alice Perkins probably doesn't exist or is totally innocent.

Grant

You have no chance of finding the people who own that site, they'll own multiple sites, some of which you can see from a quick search of their email address and registrant name etc.

These looked like typical Chinese scam clothing sites to me, of which I've encountered thousands during my years involved in fighting online fraud via 419eater and other anti fraud sites.

A quick Google confirms these people are China based, the registrant name on shopwomensfashion.co.uk is the same as on triebwerk.co.uk, and the [email protected] email address on that site was the admin email address used on salomonfreeon.com (now expired), which was registered to someone in China:

Title: 2014 New Cheap Nike Free And Salomon Shoes In Australia Shop Sale
Description: Find Out Cheap Nike Free And Salomon, Here Offer Nike Free 3.0 V2, Nike Free Running Shoes
Type: Shoes,Sports,shopping,fashion,Trainers

Domain Age: 1 Years, 249 Days

Owner: zhi jun
Owner Address: shou nan lu 35hao
Owner City: wenzhou
Owner Postcode: 265962
Phone Number: 8615963255872
Phone Type: mobile : China Mobile

Some other results for that email address:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q="...0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..3.0.0.k3miq_biSrc

Last edited:
Thanks @grantw and @SystemReg

e-mail they been using as customer contact - [email protected] for all five cases I mentioned earlier, tells their own story by it self (and being gmail as well)

Although quick search on Google suggest somebody has actually received delivery from them (wrong size or model though)

As for contact details, looks like they just shortly changed them to UK address and resident names, that's all!

Three sites including; shopwomenfashion.co.uk, domains have been dropped by now.. I won't mention any others, if somebody chooses to register them, they have bad enough reputation coming along with domain name already, besides it's not important any more as @SystemReg pointed out. Those guys have long moved on to other domains, sites.

Glad I didn't went ahead and didn't bring up any (acorns) members user names, although, I am pretty sure person mentioned for this thread actually does hold a account at acorns, whether they are active here anymore, is the question. If you are reading this just know that your name has been used by somebody from China running a scam.

Last edited:
Pity you didn't have the server IP it was hosted on. Quite often these types of sites host other scam sites on the same server to save money. It is very likely the names are randomly chosen. The address is also a guesthouse.

It looks they they had Jacketcoatsouterwear.us and a few other co.uk domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom