Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Business bounce back loans

Interesting post, thanks.

For people that do cut and run - well, the same thing happens as if you have just defaulted on a standard unsecured bank loan, it goes down the collections route and into the county courts and you have the guys from "can't pay, we'll take it away" turn up, hence why a lot of the businesses will fold and the directors will run off.

I don't quite follow this bit though - why would the directors do a runner if there are likely to be pursued by bailiffs?

Sorry, by that I meant to liquidate the business through the insolvency services and set up a phoenix company - to run off from the bad debt attached to that business, rather than a literal runner. Otherwise, you would have people at the door of your premises in big black jackets... which could involve a more literal chase...

Do you reckon the directors inflating their revenue figures to £200k so they get a £50k loan will be pursued for fraud?

Do I think inflating your income on an application form to obtain a loan is fraud - yes, it's obtaining funds by deception and it could very well come back to haunt you. Do I think the directors of those companies will be pursued for fraud.... probably not aside from a few unlucky ones who are made examples of. Just because of the time and money it will take to go after the volume of everyone suspected. Self-cert is tricky, because people can plead ignorance if it's just a form filled in, it's harder to plead stupidity if they have doctored accounts or payslips for instance, it will depend on what they have done, who has filled the paperwork in, were there brokers involved, etc. What tends to happen is the client and broker point the fingers at each other and it muddies the water so much it becomes a difficult case to prosecute. If the government reneges on the deal, or their own balance sheet starts to wain, that's when the banks will investigate that as a way of getting some of this bad debt written off their books through their own insurance setups. They don't want to do that though, as their own premiums go up. Essentially monitoring fraud levels are important to banks, it's not for moral or societal reasons, it's because it's a default indicator. When fraud levels spike, default levels usually follow the same upward trajectory not long afterwards, so they can plan ahead on how to counter.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom