Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DL Sale: clicks.org.uk (60 GBP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn Newsbot

Reaction score
Domain Name Sold at Domain Lore:
Sold price: £60, Ended on: 2010-11-26 16:47:00

click for details...

Trouble is, can you see a commercial ppc agency choosing an org.uk name as one of their main brands? I think it would work against them in a "you work on the web but can't afford the .co.uk" sense. Just an opinion though.

Expected this one to go for a bit more, could be well suited for a ppc agancy imo

I agree with you Ty, I think they are great for keyword focused websites but I don't see them as mainstream URLs

True, but with the .org becoming more accepted as a "real" extension I could see the .org being used for more commercial purposed and there for I would have expected a bit more then 60

Well a lot of DomainLore auctions finish in the £50 to £100 range, apart from some top domains selling there recently.

Although it's a very active marketplace, I suspect most people there are domain traders rather than end users so prices achieved will reflect that.

Admin

True, but with the .org becoming more accepted as a "real" extension I could see the .org being used for more commercial purposed and there for I would have expected a bit more then 60

It's only really being accepted as a "real" stand alone extension by domainer / developers.

I think that a real world business offering "internet focussed" services might have issues operating out of the org.uk if they didn't own the .co.uk from a credibility perspective.

At present I'm not denying that they are great for getting SERPs and generating leads, but they're still not on the wider business radar atm.

I was hoping it would fetch a little more to be honest but it is an .org.uk which can either sell quite well or fetch very little. Either way I decided to let the market decide on this one!

My thoughts were also that it could make for a good PPC name.

Don't worry, I will look after it! ;)

I was very surprised to win it at that amount though.. :)

I may be wrong but it might have been because it was ending on a Friday just before 5pm when most folk are just wrapping up at work and thinking about the weekend instead of checking auctions. I really must be more strategic with auction ending times in future.

I may be wrong but it might have been because it was ending on a Friday just before 5pm when most folk are just wrapping up at work and thinking about the weekend instead of checking auctions. I really must be more strategic with auction ending times in future.

I think you are spot on to be honest.. Sunday evening is the best finish time I read?

I think you are spot on to be honest.. Sunday evening is the best finish time I read?

That may be true for ebay, but when you are talking about business related auctions, then I imagine weekdays would be best. I would think it would be best to have a time early in the afternoon to ensure that any time extensions occur within the 9-5 working day, with Friday afternoons avoided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom