Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DWN.com - €2,999 Euros

Another reason not to pay any attention to the Sedo Domain Valuation tool when you add any domains as it looks like their automated tool 'Valued' this domain at 2,999 Euro which I assume the seller accepted and then stuck as the BIN price.

Yeah it's silly - I always use estibot to get a true value of my domain's worth :D

Well... as true a value that esti can provide, at the time... I tend to use esti as a scale of magnitude guide price.

I am sure there are many better deals than this that have gone unreported, including many bargains bought by members from here. I thought the majority of domainers spend a lot of time contacting owners of good/valuable domains offering them a low amount, in the hope that they do not know the true value of their domains. Although I am sure most people who own valuable domains have now cottoned on to the fact that their domains are valuable due to the number of people enquiring to buy them. I get daily emails regarding many of my domains from people hoping that I do not know the true value of them and will sell them cheap. Looks like in this case, the buyer got lucky and the owner didnt know how much it was worth.

This story is just going to encourage more people to start contacting everyone on sedo giving low ball offers.

I doubt it's going to change behaviour much. I have a friend with 3 letter .com domains and he already gets multiple emails a day about them, thousands and thousands a year.

More generally (not specifically about .com 3LD) it's true though that some of the best bargains can come from established companies. I've been surprised a few times at what I've been able to acquire from larger organisations - probably because there's nobody within the organisation with both responsibility AND interest when it comes to establishing the value of secondary domains (i.e. domains that they no longer use in business)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom