Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

E-Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just got back into domain name trading so have a question about e-bay. Last time I used them was around 2 years ago, have just listed my first domain on there since then.

My question is how do you find e-bay for sales ? It seems to have cooled off a bit from what I remember, si there any particular type of domains that do well there ?

Any advice would be great.

Wishing you all the best.

Richard

one the whole i have been disapointed with 90% of my sales on ebay.

i have made one or two good sales, but i tend to aviod it now unless they have a free listing day for buy it now.

Thanks deconstruction .. Just trying to catch up again :)

All the best.

Richard

no problems, welcome back ;)

if ebay have a free listing day on ebay then chuck up as many names as you can at the price you really want

if you sell none then it dont matter. if you have lots of names then keep all your names with top prices in a bulk listing tool

It can however be somewhere to pick up a bargain if you can be bothered to keep going over all the rubbish on there :)

if anyone notices these freebie days - i know it might mean a bit of competition but it would be nice if you could post here to let us all know about it..

Personally i never knew they did this :S

thanks

Hi Charlie,
Will defintely post here if I hear anything.

In my opinion competition is good, that is why I really like forums like this. The more good information that is out there can only help domain name traders, we still suffer the stigma of being 'money grabbers' within a lot of the community. This is compounded by people that set themselves up as professional and yet still do not practice realistic business practices.

The more professional traders can get noticed then the better for us all ... Hopefully we can get rid of the ' hege7f67wewg.com for £10,000' brigade :) ... I know, not much chance :razz:

I have worked exclusively on the net since early 2000 ( always with my own fully registered company in England ) and still get negative comments from various people. You have to remember that most peoples experience with marketing on the net extends to the Spam that clogs their inbox everyday :)

Sorry went on a bit of a rant there :)

Wishing you all the best.

Richard Souter
Director Domain Sage Limited ( Registered in England No. 5629435 )
Director Cascade iCOM ( Australian Company Number 103 893 410 )

Hi Charlie,

I have not seen any since using acorn.. but will deff post when they do them.

The free listing days were more frequent when they first introduced the buy it now option. But you never know might start doing more.

Its handy for selling domains becuase you dont need to pay to list, and you dont have to worry about them selling for less than you really want for it.

And if you have all your domains in their list manager program then you dont have to spend ages listing them when the offers on.. just one click (although you have to spend time putting them in to start with... :rolleyes:

Over the last 6 months ebay have not had free listing days only 5plisting days (nearly free)

Hi Folks,

Just found out something I did not previously know about e-bay, if the person wants to bid over $15,000 they have to become verified :
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bidding-ov.html#bigtix

Found this out the hard way with a domain going along nicely, until the $15,000 limit .... Because only one of the interested parties had been verified it sold for $15,100. The others, as normal, were leaving it till the end to bid ... As they were un verified they did not have time to go through the process .... Oh well live and learn :)

All the best.

Richard

DomainSage said:
Hi Folks,

Just found out something I did not previously know about e-bay, if the person wants to bid over $15,000 they have to become verified :
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bidding-ov.html#bigtix

Found this out the hard way with a domain going along nicely, until the $15,000 limit .... Because only one of the interested parties had been verified it sold for $15,100. The others, as normal, were leaving it till the end to bid ... As they were un verified they did not have time to go through the process .... Oh well live and learn :)

All the best.

Richard

What was the domain name in question ? Was it cool.com ?

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom