Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Enom/Namecheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Never buy your .co.uk domains though Enom/Namecheap, i've had nothing but trouble with all the domains I register with them.

I use Namecheap.com for all my .com domains, but I haven't actually registered a .com for getting on 3-4 months now, i've been concentrating purely on .co.uk/.it but I had some funds left in my account so thought i'd use them up.

There is a problem at every point from pre registration to modifying the domain once registered.

1: Try to register the name only to get a timeout, then you have to manaually fill in a form because it's taken your money but the domain is still available for registration.

2: 1/2 Days later the domain is in your account (if someone hasn't taken it in the meantime - which I may add has happened in the past)

3: You try to change the DNS or use Forwarding on the domain, this gives you timeout errors no matter how long it takes.

4: You email customer support, to get them to manually change the DNS/Forwarding, they do that for you but it has no effect on the domain.

5: You email them back again to notify them that the changes are made in your account, but they don't effect the domain (wait a few days just to make sure it isn't updating in the given time period).

6: After a few days they update it and the changes take effect.

So from registration to actually parking the domain, or hosting the domain...this process takes around 4-6 Days (Depending on your patience).

It's been like this for 4 months since I registered my first .co.uk with Namecheap.

Needless to say i'll be transfering out to 123-reg next month :)

i would rec 123-reg all day long. been with them for over a year now and never had any problems.

their help desk is very helpful (shocker huh)

if you have quite a few names with them, you can get them to do bulk changes to your domains too.

simonspicer said:
i would rec 123-reg all day long. been with them for over a year now and never had any problems.

their help desk is very helpful (shocker huh)

if you have quite a few names with them, you can get them to do bulk changes to your domains too.

totally agree with that - i have used other registers but in the end spent extra money with 123 to get them transfered back

I've been using 123-reg for the past few months, I bought a domain from a member here so had to sign up with them, probably spending a few hundred pounds a month with them now, thing I like most about them is the URL forwarding and DNS changes are instant! No hassle service at all and good prices :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom