Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

help with 123-reg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi

got this

Requested: 2010-08-28
Updated: 2010-08-28 Domain already registered by 123-reg, please use the internal transfer page

i bought a domain and tried to transfer it this is the meassage that 123-reg gave me the domain has been transfered to me at nominet,

can anyone help

thanks in advance

Is it the one you got from me? you need to use the" internal transfer" and not the "external transfer" because the nameservers are already pointing towards 123

hi ,

not yours

i have tried to do an internal transfer but on the internal transfer page it only shows my own domains i can't see how i can transfer a domain that is not in my account already can only transfer out.

have sent 123-reg a support request.

thanks anyone else got any ideas

Last edited:
It's because it is already in someone elses 123 reg account. If you bought it off them you should be able to ask them to do the internal transfer to you. However the support request should be enough to sort it as they will check to see who the registered owner is. It also happens with dropped domains, just because a domain expires it does not necessarily get removed from the previous owners 123 reg account.

Not had much dealings with 123 reg lately but have heard that their support is a lot better than it used to be.

Dave

thanks a lot i will let the person know to do an internal transfer thier end thanks firebird

Has happened to me on atleast a dozen domains which have previously dropped from 123-Reg's TAG, been caught by another registrar and then moved to my own 123-Reg account.

Support tickets have worked every time, but sometimes it takes a couple of replies from their staff for them to realise what has happened.

Happened to me this morning so gave them a quick call instead, sorted it much quicker. Apparently they are aware of the problem and haven't fixed it yet as there is soon to be a 'new control panel'.

thanks alot i have sent the support tickets will c what happens

thanks

type the name in on the 123 search, click i own it and go through the free transfer process, then on your control panel click on "domain transfers" (not internal/external) and it should be sat there waiting for you to click "ok"

if not get ready to fax over every bit of paper you have with your name on it :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom