Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

keyword tool to find domains registered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think this is the right forum to post in - admin/mod feel free to move.

Does anyone know of a tool to find how many domains are registered with a certain keyword?

ie. keyword - "game"

.co.uk - 75,000 domains registered
.com - 100,000 domains registered
.net - 85,000 domains registered
org. - 50,000 domains registered

etc etc

Thanks in advance

-Ben

Thanks for the reply but i am looking for tool to tell me how many domains are reg'd not free domains to reg.

You'd have to talk to someone like Dale at drop system or maybe stender and see if they will knock a tool to do that on .co.uk and download the zones for the others.

If you had a list of all the domains then it would be a simple sql search to return the results.

I don't think anyone would do this tho as the query would be immense on the servers resources.

It will be a cool system to have in place, I'm surprised domain tools havent done this already.

Its really just a full text search, but a full text search on MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of records will be intense for 1 or 2 people but for dozens its doing to be crushing.

If your coding it yourself, look into caching via search term :)

p.s. Welcome :)

I think this is the right forum to post in - admin/mod feel free to move.

Does anyone know of a tool to find how many domains are registered with a certain keyword?

ie. keyword - "game"

.co.uk - 75,000 domains registered
.com - 100,000 domains registered
.net - 85,000 domains registered
org. - 50,000 domains registered

etc etc
The main problem is getting a list of keywords. Otherwise, doing the queries and building a chart for com/net/org/biz/info/etc would be easy enough. The hard part would be .co.uk as Nominet does not provide access to the .uk zones from what I remember.

Regards...jmcc

Here is a .UK zone file which can be found online.

http://www.goldfrog.co.uk/co.uk.zone.zip
I think that's the last 2003 zone for .co.uk. The main problem for doing a keyword search is the other four million or so .co.uk domains that have been registered. The com/net/org/biz/info/mobi/asia stuff is easy as I have zonefile access on those TLDs and produce stats on those TLDs every month. It is just a case of running a set of keyword queries against the domain databases to provide the stats for the keywords.

Regards...jmcc

It will be a cool system to have in place, I'm surprised domain tools havent done this already.

Its really just a full text search, but a full text search on MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of records will be intense for 1 or 2 people but for dozens its doing to be crushing.
select count(domainname) from BigComListTable where domainname like '%game%';

Not that difficult and certainly not a full text search. ;)

Regards...jmcc

did a search got a number for the keyword, is that all it shows?

got stuck as your google ad won't load btw

Yea it was a just quick job so it only shows the number of domains with that keyword. Essentially a sql query like the one jmcc mentioned. Could probably make it a bit more detailed if it needed to be?

Strange about the google ad, never had that problem before myself, will have to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom