Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

ND is 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

NameDrive Staff
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and say that NameDrive celebrate our third birthday today. It was on 22nd August 2005 that I first posted as Ed from NameDrive on this forum, thereby launching NameDrive to the world.

Without the warmth, trust and adventurer spirit shown by you guys, our first few months would have been far rockier and so we owe a particular debt of gratitude to the people of this forum.

I still remember fondly when Dan told us on Day 3 that he was forwarding 120 domains to our system, resulting in mass panic at NDHQ.
"120 domains?! Is he mad? How are we going to deal with that?!"

Those were the great days where reporting was done by a daily Exel sheet and the only template available was this one. It seems amazing to me now that people put up with our teething issues back then, but you guys stuck by us and many of those first clients are still with us, so a big thank you to all of you for helping us go from 4 people sitting around my living table with 10 UK clients to 10s of thousands of worldwide clients, one million parked domains and over 30 employees globally.

Some of the more cynical people may say that little has changed since those days, but we are very proud to have brought many new features to market which are industry standards now - portfolio folder management, 'next gen' parking templates, per ad region optimization, full IDN implementation, capitalization, optimization landing page previews, the first marketplace based on parking earnings, the first parking company in house blog and more besides.

We are currently beavering away so that our fourth year is the year when we again bring out new features which other companies will again look to implement as 'industry standard'. I know that comparatively little has happened from NDHQ in the last 14 months or so, but, well, Autumn should be interesting.

So, to cut a long post short, thank you Acorn Domains and Acorn Domainers for being the first people to rally to the ND flag. There have been ups and downs, fans and cynics, but we have always felt very fondly for this forum which has given us invaluable criticism, advice and support. If I sound a little emotional, it may be the cheap sparkling wine...

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Ed from NameDrive

Very Happy Third Birthday ND.............................
happy_birthday.jpg

Thanks guys. Sorry, the party was in my head.

Sound, thanks for taking all that time to make such a lovely card, I hope it didn't take up too much of your bank holiday weekend :)

Back to Monday... :S

Ed

I missed the boat but still wanted to say Thank for the service. I dont have high traffic so its good youre also helping the small guys to return a profit.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
(many more to come)

Regs.
Darren

congratulations Ed and Namedrive, I remember you launching and all the hard work you put into it.

I am glad Acorn Domains was able to provide you with a UK launch platform and I know most have us have used you at some time or other.

Keep up the good work.

Admin

Well done Ed, glad it all turned out a success.

I remember the first pints and parking well, all six or seven of us! good fun.

Hope the next 3 take you just as fast in the same direction.

yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom