Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Registrar Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will soon see if they accept it...

It's very badly written. Once you check the checkbox to consolidate your domains under the self managed tag it seems to accept it.

I guess all of this will get fixed in the hours and days ahead - this is V1.0 after all.

That's not how it reads on the application though - it told me I was above the limit for a self-management TAG.

I agree I called to confirm though as Edwin says just go through to the next step

For some reason it seems to think my own domains are a third party and won't let me proceed to the next step.. I will need to phone Nominet to sort this out then later today.

I can't get past the second stage of the self managed tag application, which is the trading details part, clicking next on that page just comes up with:

Sorry!

We were unable to complete this request successfully.

If you find that this problem persists you may like to contact us for support.

When contacting us for support, please provide as much of the following information as possible — in particular the error

code.
Error code
01-140318-144939

@ Wizard, thanks, it's not just me then, will try again later/tomorrow and see if it's been fixed.

All fine for me, submitted my application with no problems.

I'm going to do what I do with everything zero day which I'm not on the edge with, wait a while for the early bug fixes :p

I need to clear a few domains off my TAG which I sold to people of never moved them away after transfer. Does the free transfer option start immediately or is it being introduced over the next few weeks?

Thanks
Stephen.

I need to clear a few domains off my TAG which I sold to people of never moved them away after transfer. Does the free transfer option start immediately or is it being introduced over the next few weeks?

Thanks
Stephen.

You have to apply for a self managed TAG then wait for them to review the application I'm guessing at least a few days

Its still the same with the same error nominet couldnt tell me what the issue is still waiting for a reply....

I tried it again last night and it went through without any problems that time.

Just had my TAG reclassified so just over 24 hours to turnaround. Can also confirm there's now an extra button in web domain manger to instigate transfers for free

Got to the end of the process and got an error message this evening. Have reported it .....

I also found out that as long as 95 per cent of names were in 5 accounts you could hold domains for others and still be self-managed. Maybe everybody knew that already but I hadn't appreciated it so good news.

Stephen.

What was your error code ?

Got to the end of the process and got an error message this evening. Have reported it .....

I also found out that as long as 95 per cent of names were in 5 accounts you could hold domains for others and still be self-managed. Maybe everybody knew that already but I hadn't appreciated it so good news.

Stephen.

You can have 50 names or 5% total names whichever is the fewer, so 5 names per hundred.

I would have preferred 50 or 5% whichever the greater :(

I have two TAGs on the same Nominet account one for business purposes and one for my personal names (typically surname related). I have applied for the self managed TAG for my business one and now it says I can't apply for the other one because I am only allowed one.

Do I need to do anything e.g move personal ones to my business TAG now or will it all sort it out once approved?

Confused.....

EDIT: The two tags have different registrants. Business one is company name personal one is my personal details

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom