Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

"No Longer Required"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've noticed a handful on very nice domain names that have been flagged as 'no longer required', but when you check the registrants out, a hunch tells me this isn't right. Then when I look at the registrar, they've all used the same one!

From a technical point of view, is it possible that the registrar could have something wrong regarding their set-up with their customers, maybe defaulting to this setting? Yes, i'd like to think these names are worth the effort chasing, but it just doesn't appear the registration status is right!

I don't know any registrars that offer the ability to set NLR as yet, let alone as default.

I have seen ALOT of ad agencies do this with domain names tho, so if its an ad or pr company its prob right.

I don't know any registrars that offer the ability to set NLR as yet, let alone as default.

I have seen ALOT of ad agencies do this with domain names tho, so if its an ad or pr company its prob right.

No, not an Ad boy, it's a major overseas DN registry, but based in Europe.

If a Registrant ignores renewal reminders they have either failed to update contact details, or no longer require the domain in question.

Applying the NLR flag generates an immediate and clear warning from Nominet that a domain is heading for cancellation, compared with the more subtle reminders along the usual route. Setting NLR is also likely to prompt enquries from potential buyers, which may result in renewal or a transfer.

Perhaps NLR is a useful default where Registrants do not respond to renewal notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom