Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet rules foster domain ticket-touts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Vizzy your now famous:

http://lembingley.itweek.co.uk/2007/11/nominet-rules-f.html

One snapper-up of expired domains is Denys Ostashko, who is personally registered with Nominet as a registrar. Among others he now owns the lem.co.uk domain, which used to belong to a forgetful firm called LEM but really ought to belong to me. Ostashko expects a “five figure sum” before he’d consider selling this three-letter domain. I doubt he’ll get a buyer at that level, but at an asking profit margin of a million percent he clearly doesn’t need to sell many to make the effort worthwhile.

:D

For me that quote sums up the situation... You got the dropcatcher, the big corporate and an angry potential end user - who should have it? Then when you add in the complication of the 3 strikes.....

For me that quote sums up the situation... You got the dropcatcher, the big corporate and a potential end user - who should have it? Then when you add in the complication of the 3 strikes.....

oh, that unneeded publicity.. =)

I think most dropcatchers can buy themselves an end user title. Really, personally, I'm very reluctant to sell anything at all as almost every domain has an idea attached to it. Yes, including many 3 letters. I wasn't planning to develop websites three years ago, but since Providence led me here, I appreciate it and going to pursue this subject at least for a while now.

Vizzy your now famous:

http://lembingley.itweek.co.uk/2007/11/nominet-rules-f.html

:D

For me that quote sums up the situation... You got the dropcatcher, the big corporate and a potential end user - who should have it? Then when you add in the complication of the 3 strikes.....

I think Vizzy is being very fair with this - hes not saying its not for sale at any price - not his fault that they dont see the potential.

Some dropcatchers dont sell at any price what would he do then..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom